Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Advice or opinion on a furlough dilemma.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm aware of a couple of small businesses who have furloughed all their staff, but where a very small number pop in for a couple of hours to run payroll, check security, chase up invoices etc. Where there are only 2-20 staff, having them come off furlough in rotation may not be possible to cover the areas needing attention.

All I can say is that if it was me in that situation, I would certainly be happy to do it if it keeps the company running and means there's a job for me to get back to. I assume he's being paid at least 80% of his salary, so I don't think it's unreasonable of them to ask, if it's needed (which, of course, only he will know).

And yes, it's not strictly legal, but I can't see the Government wanting to chase up these situations after it's all over.

And besides, what would like be like if we never did anything illegal, immoral of fattening :wink:

Last I read they had 3,000 reports already. And that is the ones they know about.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last I read they had 3,000 reports already. And that is the ones they know about.

Sorry, I bounced a post from ages ago to ask another question (which may not have been wise)

But can I ask for a source for this info, because last I heard, (and it was a few years ago) they were drowning in so much backlog, I wouldn't have thought that HMRC would be chasing anything under a few million and probably, more likely, billion.

Maybe things have changed and you can give us a source for these 3,000 reports :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here