Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Admirable Football Focus Lead Feature On Problem Gambling

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
10 out of 20 Prem clubs sponsored by betting companies, with 17 out of 24 in the Championship.

Our stadium was due to have betting kiosks but American Express said to change them to catering if we wanted their sponsorship.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
How long, I wonder, before betting advertising/sponsorship goes the way of tobacco ?

Soon hopefully

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Our stadium was due to have betting kiosks but American Express said to change them to catering if we wanted their sponsorship.

Is that true ?

I thought I was going mad, I went to the Amex several times during late construction to price/measure for flooring and could have swore blind I saw at least one kiosk possibly Ladbrokes in the concourse then several months later at the very first game the Sussex Senior Cup it was not to be seen, I thought I’d imagined it.

Anyway know if I did ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gambling ads should never have been deregulated. They should be banned - Period.

A lot more work needs to be done to stop social and tech giants targeting problem gamblers too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that true ?

I thought I was going mad, I went to the Amex several times during late construction to price/measure for flooring and could have swore blind I saw at least one kiosk possibly Ladbrokes in the concourse then several months later at the very first game the Sussex Senior Cup it was not to be seen, I thought I’d imagined it.

Anyway know if I did ?

I would think you did.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not a gambler (nor smoker) and on two visits to Las Vegas spent only 20$ on 'the tables' which wasn't mine.
But I have to admit that all the adverts about how great it is socially to chat with all your friends about accas and stuff, I do feel I'm missing out on life. Betting odds that I don't understand are blasted at me at every opportunity, bet now bet now bet now get £25 free, get £50 free and so it goes on. Luckily I've managed to avoid the temptation but I can understand certain adults getting dragged in to thinking they are going to make money.
On Talk Sport the match gets in the way of them telling me the latest odds. I've turned the radio off more than once. At least 5 Live avoid this.
So the £millions spent by these companies is wasted on me, it's never going to work. But for the sake of those tempted to put £5 today and then start to chase their losses, it's time to stop all these adverts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How long, I wonder, before betting advertising/sponsorship goes the way of tobacco ?

Soon hopefully

This. Needs far more control IMHO. Particularly harmful to kids. It's fine that the FA pay lip service to not having gambling firm logos on kids shirts, but they're still being indoctrinated bigtime. By the time, say a junior Stoke City fan reaches adulthood, the bet365 logo will be as familiar to them as the Coke logo or the Lego logo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here