Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adkins gone.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's not a bad shout at all. It might well be Chris' last throw of the dice. Charlton have always been one of those football clubs that are impossible to dislike. Good away day, friendly fans, been through a lot of shit in the last 30 years and even having to ground share at Smelhurst Park, so now that Adkins has gone I hope they storm up the table.

Two of my most memorable away games have been at Charlton.

The first a 4-3 defeat in an evening cracker at the old Valley (late 70s / early 80s). Then more recently the "Roland Out" protest match with the balls on the pitch. BHAFC fans walking alongside the Charlton fans on the march.

Totally agree; friendly fans and a club that is difficult not to like.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The warm up to Nightmare on London Road was one hell of an experience. Gordon Greer spreading passes about, Calderon scoring at the Valley as usual. Those picture of Gus Poyet on the touchline, and Phil Parkinson. What a day it was. I've always liked Charlton as a club, even more now that Adkins has left.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hughton to Charlton ???

Cousin's Husband is a Valley STH, and he's all over this, even having a wager at the bookies. Thinks CH is a perfect fit, decent squad for League One but their defence is as welcoming as Katie Price's nether regions.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Cousin's Husband is a Valley STH, and he's all over this, even having a wager at the bookies. Thinks CH is a perfect fit, decent squad for League One but their defence is as welcoming as Katie Price's nether regions.

As in nobody with an ounce of sense would go near it?

Hughton is 25/1 with WIlliam Hill, so a nice little earner if your cousin's husband is right. It fits well in a number of ways, but I personally think he'd rather wait for an opportunity higher up the leagues (i.e. effectively retire) than drop down to the bottom of L1.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Seriously? They have been a basket case since sacking Curbishley in 2006.

Due to catastrophic ownership, recently resolved

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I remember an away trip to Dagenham and Redbridge some ten years ago. We won 2-1, I think, but the highlight was the verbal the travelling Albion fans gave Adkins who was in the stand. The guys was, is and always will be, a motormouth.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here