Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Yes-with brass fittings

Votes: 53 75.7%

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They can be used in making explosives, I think that I read.

spot on mate
I only wanted a little to green up my boxes(box a privet like plant)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you were being sarcastic originally, fair enough. But don't flatter yourself that you're somehow intellectually superior by being condescending.

And here's a tip for you, if you're going to be an arrogant prick who can't be bothered to 'educate' me, you might want to spell check first. A spelling mistake whilst being high and mighty about perceived intelligence, tends to make one look like a jumped up, 'uneducated' bellend. Perhaps you could dictate your posts to an adult who could help you with your typing. :thumbsup:
Excellent reply.
Game,Set and Match I think.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
By the way, Qatada stayed in this country by using HR, being separated from his family etc blah blah blah. Now he IS separated from his family, get them buggers on the next plane to join him.........pronto!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oh dear. I find it quite worrying how irrational the public's response to this has been.

For one the actual cost is highly exaggerated at the moment because the government haven't paid the defense lawyers - a tactic I might suggest they have used to try to dissuade them from representing him.

Secondly, the government are well aware of the significant risk of torture. The idea that somehow this deal is a rarity and any kind of assurance is laughable - this deal (almost exactly) has been made before and the Jordanian government have reneged and tortured. If the British government wishes to condemn Qatada to probable torture why not be transparent about it rather than pretending anyone would take the Jordanians for there word?

Aside from how - in my opinion - torture is entirely indefensible as is the lack of a fair trial, there are many other concerns with the Qatada case.

Firstly, do you think it's right that this case has persisted for so long given he's hasn't actually been found guilty in a fair trial? Is that an institutional loophole we should allow to persist. In my opinion, it absolutely is not. Secondly, where do you think it is more likely that Qatada could remain a danger to the UK? In the UK, or in a country which we know is turbulent and where many more of his supporters have much more power and opportunity.

I would not be surprised if he does escape from prison, and then we'd see the smirk wiped off Teresa Mays face.

As an aside, I am absolutely against torture and the death penalty for obvious reasons. Remember not long ago Mandela was deemed a terrorist - by those including our good Prime minister Mr Cameron who campaigned for him to be treated as a terrorist. In no way do I support the actions of Qatada and deem him to be a huge public risk but lets remember those labelled 'terrorist' and 'public enemy' change significantly over time and in my eyes the adverse treatment of such groups should be responsibly limited in order to ensure abuse of the system would *never* be allowed to persist.

My view of the law, institutions and international agreements is that the harm that could possibly be inflicted by the most undesirable leader (for instance, in we Uk lets think - what could the BNP do if by some freak circumstance they were in government) should be limited.

As a closing point, and more specific to the Qatada case - please remember that there is *actually* a substantial *lack* of passable evidence (by that I mean not obtained by torture) and its far from clear those who previously gave the only evidence against him (and did so under torture) would be willing to help prosecute him. So the view that we've sent Qatada back to Jordan, to face a court that we've approved, to inevitably be found guilty in a fair and just way is absolutely untrue.
Sorry....are you saying he is innocent....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here