Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aberdeen 'hopeful' of 7,500 crowd by end of September

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Hah, you have a very short memory, they may not of amounted to too many in number, but those that travelled south to watch a pre-season friendly between our two clubs at Withdean back in Mark McGee's reign, were certainly a lively and noisy bunch, quite a bit of damage was done inside the Sportman before the game l seem to remember.

Yes, my tongue was firmly in my cheek with that comment.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I imagine the problem with the Amex is the high percentage of people who use public transport. Even if you let 5,000 in they have to get there and back.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
so you go MAINLY to see your mates ???:ffsparr:

What else would be the main reason? The many social aspects of football always have been and always will be the core point. Remove all the social aspects and it would quickly turn out quite obvious that very few put high value watching some strangers being good at kicking at a ball. Even when people watch games on TV alone, the main reason is because you know that you are not alone caring about it, and that the result/play will impact how you interact with other fans/friends.

Sure, there's probably a bunch of people who believe that the greatness of football is mainly to watch some grown up stranger kicking the ball, but they are all perverts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I imagine the problem with the Amex is the high percentage of people who use public transport. Even if you let 5,000 in they have to get there and back.

Our eco friendly setup working against us.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I would happy forgo my ST for a season, and pick it back up when it's all safer. New baby and all that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not saying it isnt a significant part of the day and I love this too, but surely supporting Brighton is the number one reason to go (otherwise you can just meet up with your mates in the pub)

I'm frankly staggered you missed the implicit point that I and they are Brighton fans :facepalm:

But what I was getting at is how they will social distance and select who goes to what game? Our seats are all next to each other. If I get game one, another set of mates game two and a third set game three, why wouldn't we just watch it together (from a metre apart) in the pub?

I'm prepared to take a bit of a risk with the Covid to do things that are perfectly normal. 10,000 people in the Amex won't be normal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have Aberdeen said if the 7,500 includes away fans? I doubt it would. So there's another thing that'll be shit.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I would imagine that when we get around to playing in front of a limited number of fans, they will ask season ticket holders who wishes to be considered to attend.
That will automatically slash the number of STH's going into any kind of random draw.
If we have about 22000 STH's I reckon there wouldn't be more than 15000 that would opt in to attend.
That would allow every other seat to be vacant.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Have Aberdeen said if the 7,500 includes away fans? I doubt it would. So there's another thing that'll be shit.

I reckon away fans will be last to be allowed back, to stop the travelling on public transport and limit police needed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon away fans will be last to be allowed back, to stop the travelling on public transport and limit police needed.

Personally cannot see anyone going to an away game until season 21/22, let's hope the loyalty points system doesn't crash

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Personally cannot see anyone going to an away game until season 21/22, let's hope the loyalty points system doesn't crash

I think that’s right. No government is going to encourage unnecessary travel. But then again, where would West End theatres stand. Those audiences will also have to travel to attend events. Clubs could argue, quite understandably, that the risks are the same should theatres open earlier.

Personally, I can’t see the West End opening until 2021 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would imagine that when we get around to playing in front of a limited number of fans, they will ask season ticket holders who wishes to be considered to attend.
That will automatically slash the number of STH's going into any kind of random draw.
If we have about 22000 STH's I reckon there wouldn't be more than 15000 that would opt in to attend.
That would allow every other seat to be vacant.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

I look forward to the stewarding that makes that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here