Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just read down the list of things that's he's done wrong. He cheated on someone and flounced on social media etc. And I think, "do you know what, I just don't care".

It's down to GP to manage this situation, this is his job. We can't just bin off promising youngsters because they're not Solly March (no offence meant Sol).

If GP doesn't think Aaron is up to it, and won't make a PL player, then fine. But GP clearly doesn't think that. He's obviously looked to get Aaron on the pitch when he can. Which means GP now has to earn his corn, get Connolly's head right and get him scoring goals.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Send him to Celtic on loan as a sweetener for a deal for Edouard

You’re right.

Because Celtic are reported to have a massive sell-on clause with PSG (40% reported), it’s in their interest to do some sort of player swap if they can as part of the deal.

However, it’d probably have to be a permanent. I suspect young Molumby is earmarked for this seeing that he has had two Championship loans but is still with the U23s (unlike the likes of Richards & Roberts who are training in the 1st team squad).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Connolly will remain with us in my opinion.

Mainly because he is more than good enough.

Even if we sign a new forward I just don't see him going out on loan.

We just don't have enough even reliably fit forwards let alone decent ones to let him go on loan.

And I for one will be delighted if I am correct.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
GP said on the press conference that he will be in the squad for the weekend.

:clap2:

The fact he has got through Thursday pre-match training without incident is progress. Predicting him to come off the bench on Saturday and get two goals (76, 90+3).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd ship him out to that Scottish team we're pally with. Remind him how fortunate he is to be one of ours.

Send him to Celtic on loan as a sweetener for a deal for Edouard
Bad ideas. We're supposed to be friends with Hibs, and Celtic haven't forgiven us for Duffy. Besides, if Conoilly does go out on loan (and I hope he does, though it's increasingly looking less likely), it'll be for his development, not just an 'oh let's put him on a bus and send him somewhere' type loan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just read down the list of things that's he's done wrong. He cheated on someone and flounced on social media etc. And I think, "do you know what, I just don't care".

It's down to GP to manage this situation, this is his job. We can't just bin off promising youngsters because they're not Solly March (no offence meant Sol).

If GP doesn't think Aaron is up to it, and won't make a PL player, then fine. But GP clearly doesn't think that. He's obviously looked to get Aaron on the pitch when he can. Which means GP now has to earn his corn, get Connolly's head right and get him scoring goals.
If anybody thinks that the majority of us who would like to see Connolly go out for a season long loan are just wanting to ship him out of the way or bin him off haven't been reading this thread properly.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bad ideas. We're supposed to be friends with Hibs, and Celtic haven't forgiven us for Duffy. Besides, if Conoilly does go out on loan (and I hope he does, though it's increasingly looking less likely), it'll be for his development, not just an 'oh let's put him on a bus and send him somewhere' type loan.
I wasn't actually serious, but there are worse places to go than Celtic (Duffy notwithstanding). Game time in a decent side to have the chance to hit the back if the net regularly is what he needs. Celtic may not offer that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait to see his new haircut.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wasn't actually serious, but there are worse places to go than Celtic (Duffy notwithstanding). Game time in a decent side to have the chance to hit the back if the net regularly is what he needs. Celtic may not offer that.

Fair enough - but even from the development point of view, not Celtic. Far too high a profile - if, as alleged, he's giving it large a bit now, that'll be ten times exacerbated if he's at Celtic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here