Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A24 @ Buck Barn

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks. There's always the A27/A23/M25 option, but adds another 30 miles to an already 80 mile round trip *sigh*

And no doubt the A27 will be at snails' pace with everyone diverting onto it :nono:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
.Those coming / going from north of Horsham could cut across and use the A29 and then the back roads from Adversane back to Ashington.
I took this route down the A29 leaving at 6pm and arriving home 7.20 Lancing, so not bad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
These traffic lights were out of action this morning.

Wild West motoring with fast cars charging in from all directions.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
They were out this morning, the traffic flowed very well indeed,people using their common sense, a bit of courtesy and awareness going a long way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
These traffic lights were out of action this morning.

Wild West motoring with fast cars charging in from all directions.

They were out this morning, the traffic flowed very well indeed,people using their common sense, a bit of courtesy and awareness going a long way.

North Stand Chat in two posts. Same situation, two totally different takes :)

ps) my view is that those lights are always red and it is very annoying.

Can we talk about the ridiculous waste of time and money putting traffic lights on the Horsham roundabout?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

ps) my view is that those lights are always red and it is very annoying.

Can we talk about the ridiculous waste of time and money putting traffic lights on the Horsham roundabout?
There was no "common sense" and "courtesy" when I drove through the junction earlier.

It was like the go lights had just signalled at Silverstone. Perhaps a lot of people were late for work. Lol.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
traffic lights are only useful for padestrian crossings. Roundabouts rule

Broadwater roundabout is another classic exampl of how to f*ck it up and make things much worse.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't even get me started on that. :nono:

The most amazing thing is you NEVER got held up on that roundabout whereas at Washington it's a half hour wait heading northwards every single morning.

I'm guessing they got some money for that roundabout from the various housing developers?

Jul 7, 2003

If one was using the A24 and the other the A272 that would make sense - A24 traffic would believe that they have priority as the major road and less likely to slow down. A272 users would be trying to inch their way across two fast moving dual carriageways.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If one was using the A24 and the other the A272 that would make sense - A24 traffic would believe that they have priority as the major road and less likely to slow down. A272 users would be trying to inch their way across two fast moving dual carriageways.

Good point, well made! If only other debates could be that rationale :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here