Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A town that likes to shun red meat continues to attract red cards.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Now for a bonus point, how many were straight red cards and how many many were for second yellows.

Dunk vs Bournemouth, White vs Chelsea, Lamptey vs Villa and Mooy vs Villa were all second yellows. Rest straight reds as far as I can remember.

It also seems like we’ve had barely any players sent off against us since we got promoted.

Lundstrom (sp?) for Sheff Utd at the Amex last season. Allison at Anfield when Dunk scored that free kick.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now for a bonus point, how many were straight red cards and how many many were for second yellows.

Dunk against CP and Wolves last season must have been straight red, right? Same with Bissouma kicking that Newcastle guy in the eye. Sanchez straight red as well. Same with Maupay.

White vs Chelsea was a second yellow right? I remember Mooy got one very cheap and one very stupid yellow, and Lamptey existed on the same planet as Villa players twice.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
'A town that likes to shun red meat continues to attract red cards' is a terrible line let's be honest, whether there's truth in it or not :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
'A town that likes to shun red meat continues to attract red cards' is a terrible line let's be honest, whether there's truth in it or not :lolol:

Instantly when I saw the headline I checked if Forest Green had got themselves a red against St Albans in the FA Cup.

Not the case, but St Albans won anyway.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Probably a biased view but i cannot remember any for the sort of challenge that makes you wince .

Andone V Southampton wasn't great.

[/QUOTE]Regarding yesterday at one point i remarked to my neighbour that Newcastle had 4 yellow cards to our none , stating " and i thought we were supposed to be bad discipline wise "
THAT WENT WELL !![/QUOTE]

We know who to blame then!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Were it not so awful I wouldn't have bothered with a 'sending off' thread.

I was only looking at the writers output to confirm his OGS stat.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hemed’s retrospective red against Newcastle doesn’t seem to have been included.

I can only remember 3 red cards for our opponents: Leicester, Sheffield Utd and Man City. I am however assuming that this is a classic case of fans remembering the decisions that go against them them more than the ones in their favour - there must’ve been more, surely?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

That’s because it isn’t an actual red card and doesn’t go down in the stats as a card issued during a game.

It’s a ban retrospectively given by a panel because the match day ref has missed the incident. No red card is ever show to the player (although the image of Mike Dean driving to Tomer’s house and brandishing a red card on his door step is rather amusing). It’s just referred to as a red card in the media so it’s easy to understand.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to agree with something [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] wrote about our yellow card haul. We are not a dirty team - we are a SLOW team. Made worse in the last couple of seasons by playing on the front foot to entertain, and therefore having a lot of "take one for the team" type good fouls to stop a break and the odd moment like the Sanchez intervention on Saturday.

We have, of course. also had three very "fragile" characters who can see the red mist at any time; Knocky. Andone and Maupay. AK and NM are two players who I wouldn't change though, for every silly red there's a wind up celebration or a second of genius. Andone? Harder to love.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I would argue that we are more careless than dirty.

A bit like Beryl Reed. :shrug:

Sorry to go all pedantic on you but isn't it Beryl Reid ?
Or am i being whooshed as the careless spelling is part of the meaning in the post !
Regarding the actress i do somewhat remember that apart from her light comedy roles the film " the killing of sister george " was controversial at the time although i was too young too watch it !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yet some on here would still have us believe we're way behind 'Bumley' (who are always bottom of that particular chart) when it comes to playing dirty.

The image of the game was the late red card for Albion goalkeeper Robert Sánchez, punished by VAR for roaming and clipping Callum Wilson. Lewis Dunk donned the gloves and, sadly, didn’t have to face a shot, but in disciplinary terms it was business for usual for Brighton. Since they first appeared in the Premier League in 2017-18, no club has suffered as many sendings off as they have. A town that likes to shun red meat continues to attract red cards.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2021/11/the-data-day-no-13-our-rolling-football-blog/

Without Googling how many can you name?

There are 15 (fifteen) :ohmy: in total

Is Brighton somehow more vegetarian than Burnley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry to go all pedantic on you but isn't it Beryl Reid ?
Or am i being whooshed as the careless spelling is part of the meaning in the post !
Regarding the actress i do somewhat remember that apart from her light comedy roles the film " the killing of sister george " was controversial at the time although i was too young too watch it !

No, you got me there. My bad. I'd naturally accept undeserved credit if I could spin a plausible yarn, but on this occasion I can't.

And careless spelling costs liver.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I can only remember 3 red cards for our opponents: Leicester, Sheffield Utd and Man City. I am however assuming that this is a classic case of fans remembering the decisions that go against them them more than the ones in their favour - there must’ve been more, surely?

There were two red cards for Leicester - Ndidi and Madison

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here