Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A minor kerfuffle in last weekends NHL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What about if you were kitted out in armour plates, helmets and given skates to prance about on? Even I would fancy my chances then, and I'm a really big sissy.
If they kept the gloves on their hands and helmets on their heads I'd be happier.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
you try fighting while staying upright on ICE

these guys punch seriously hard, people have had to have facial reconstructive surgery after fights (todd fedoruk) and a lot of people have got brain damage/personality swings as a result of fighting in hockey, with some leading to suicide.....

Serious injuries have happened to professional wrestlers as well - so yes, potentially 'fights' such as that in the clip above can cause real injuries but I'm far from being convinced that ice hockey fights are little more than crowd pleasers.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Our local club is the most successful in French history, sadly haven't won a championship since 1979. Maybe I should suggest starting a fight to get the fire in their belly and the crowd behind them?
Never seen a fight in a match over this way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Serious injuries have happened to professional wrestlers as well - so yes, potentially 'fights' such as that in the clip above can cause real injuries but I'm far from being convinced that ice hockey fights are little more than crowd pleasers.
That one was 'for the fans'.
Orange were getting tonked 7-0 at home.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That goes way beyond a heat of the moment punch up into the realms of pure thuggery, IMO.

Let's hope that that... tomfoolery...doesn't escalate into blind, ugly violence. Which lets face it, none of us want to see.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Our local club is the most successful in French history, sadly haven't won a championship since 1979. Maybe I should suggest starting a fight to get the fire in their belly and the crowd behind them?
Never seen a fight in a match over this way.

Generic joke about the French never fighting and always surrendering

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here