Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A good start to the season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a big “if”, and speaking as someone who finds it all too easy to get dragged down by stuff myself, I’d say try and keep the faith.

We’ve had a few poor results, and I’d agree with your “we only play for 45 minutes” comment regarding the past few matches. RDZ is clearly trying to get something key across, and it’s clearly not taking. He’s then patching us up at half time and we’re performing better in the second half.

I hope that RDZ turns out to be more Guardiola than Bielsa, and is able to accept and adapt if repeated attempts at something doesn’t provide the expected outcome. We have a headstrong coach with a very clear vision, but I’ve seen nothing bar the repeated attempts to play Milner at right-back that suggests he’s too stubborn to adapt.

I’m looking forward to Thursday, though I’ll only be watching on the telly (having cravenly caved in to capitalism and subscribed to TNT sports) and both Fulham and Everton matches are winnable, even with current injuries. Even if we leave Europe early, the whole squad will know what’s required for any future opportunity. We learn, we adapt, we improve. That goes for RDZ, the coaches and the club hierarchy as well as the players. UTA!

They'll all be at Chavski by then :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the Villa defeat that rankles. Still.

That, and the fact that we've seen Albion set off slowly in some games and take their time to find their rhythm. It's felt a bit stop / start at times.

BUT, this is all in the context of an amazing 2022/23 season, so on balance, I'll take where we are no all day long.

THEN AGAIN, RDZ wants us to raise our expectations. He expects the best. And so, while happy, I'm a tad frustrated.

West Ham at home bugs me. Virtually 8 or 9 Albion players in slow passing in their half, then they countered, on repeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here