Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Chance Encounter

Mar 4, 2023
Headphones in and reading my book on the train back to Guildford after todays game, a middle aged man started pointing at my Brighton shirt and talking at me.

I took my headphones out and he proudly told me he played over 200 games for the Albion, then went on to reference the playoff game against Notts County in the 90’s, and how brilliantly the club is being run these days. His name was Gary Chivers.

As a fairly new Brighton fan (2014) I was a little speechless as I couldn’t reminisce about his time at the club, although I did have to remind him that it was the Goldstone he played at! He said he had already sunk a few pints at the Chelsea game and that was his excuse.

He was a lovely guy and had nothing but good things to say about the club these days, as well as his time with us. We only got a few minutes to talk as he had to jump off at his stop, but it was a great end to a great day supporting the Seagulls.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He was on Radio Sussex on Thursday evening talking about the game. Our only Maltese International was Charlie……

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was / Is a black cab driver ?

I had 2/3 conversations with drivers who know him when the subject of Brighton comes up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Headphones in and reading my book on the train back to Guildford after todays game, a middle aged man started pointing at my Brighton shirt and talking at me.

I took my headphones out and he proudly told me he played over 200 games for the Albion, then went on to reference the playoff game against Notts County in the 90’s, and how brilliantly the club is being run these days. His name was Gary Chivers.

As a fairly new Brighton fan (2014) I was a little speechless as I couldn’t reminisce about his time at the club, although I did have to remind him that it was the Goldstone he played at! He said he had already sunk a few pints at the Chelsea game and that was his excuse.

He was a lovely guy and had nothing but good things to say about the club these days, as well as his time with us. We only got a few minutes to talk as he had to jump off at his stop, but it was a great end to a great day supporting the Seagulls.

Chivers' Wembley memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here