Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A £50 Million Sized Hole in Defence?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The one thing we will miss with White is his ability to recover and make the last ditch saving tackle. Not sure we have that currently with the fit defenders available

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't want to ignore the impact of losing Ben White (especially all that third best centre back bollocks) but we need to remember this was the first game back for Dunk and Webster and March is still in need of more game time coming back from a long term injury. It might not look promising for a positive start to the season, but all three can get better with game time, plus we have Lamptey to come back as well.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The one thing we will miss with White is his ability to recover and make the last ditch saving tackle. Not sure we have that currently with the fit defenders available

Bissouma has it but overall I agree. Webster is not slow (far from it), but neither he or Dunk have White’s pace (and Duffy/Burn certainly don’t).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We couldn't hold him back and I expect it leading to him playing for Arsenal is a better prospect than playing for Leeds.
We get the right price and he now has a tremendous opportunity with a 'top 6' team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think Duffy is ok in a back 4 or in Dunk’s role in a back 3. Good squad player & good for the dressing room. Keeps

It seems, unfortunately IMHO, Potter agrees with you. I would have binned off Duffy (good player, but totally unsuited to Potter’s style IMHO) and kept Ostigard (better suited IMHO, based on the few minutes I have seen him play). But obvs Potter knows his player options better than me. So I concede. We definitely shouldn’t let Ostigard complete his third loan without him signing a new contract, Shirley!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here