Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 8pm kick-off

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If people are moaning about this now, wait until we're having the last home game "lap of appreciation" at 22.30 on a Wednesday night after the Man City game
Hopefully we won't have to sit through a presentation of medals to all 93 of Man City's backroom staff first. I've applauded their assistant catering manager for the first and last time

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
7.30pm is too early if you work. Very little time given the transport struggle there is to get to the AMEX.
Yes this. Anyone working and then coming from outside Brighton will find the later time easier. I could just about make 7:30 and I'd appreciate getting home earlier, however the rush would be unpleasant.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Its the second part of an evening double-header, as BT have our game vs Everton at 5.30. Its all part of an ENTIRE festival of Bank Holiday football...

12.30 - Stockport v Hartlepool (Sky)
12.30 - Tranmere v Northampton (Sky)
15.00 - Millwall v Blackburn (Sky)
17.30 - BHA v Everton (BT)
20.00 - Notts v Soton (Sky)

Football for the armchair masses.
Are you sure it's on BT? It doesn't say that on the club site.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you sure it's on BT? It doesn't say that on the club site.
Screenshot_20230504_160600_Chrome.jpg

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Good job we don’t take our lead from La Liga. I checked the scores last night, the Atletico Madrid game was just coming up to half time at around 11pm local time - and it can’t be to protect them fro:the excessive heat, which is not much of an issue in early May there!
I was there as a plastic last night. It we pleasantly warm, but not excessively hot. Finished at midnight. Lots of children there too. Couldn't see the need for such a late one. Spaniards do things later than us but...Although it didn't seem late during the match. And transport away from the stadium is excellent. Opposition supporters everywhere in their own shirts. All very friendly and a relaxed atmosphere. Tickets were sold at half price and probably only about half full.

Off to Rayo Vallecano tonight, also at 10. Double plastic. Annoyed that our rescheduling means I miss a couple of home game so making up for it.

By the way, that Griezmannn is good. Pops them in for fun. He could probably do a job for us. Has a good hairstyle too.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Most welcome sir. Our KO times are absolutely all over the shop this month.

Everton 5.30
Arsenal 4.30
Newcastle 7.30
Southampton 2.00
City 8.00
Villa 4.30

Thats why I cherished that Saturday 3pm vs Wolves. Could easily be 5-6 months before we see another one of those.
Only a few weeks ago people were commenting on how we've had an unusually large number of Saturday 3pm kick-offs this season.
To be clear, I neither know nor care if that's actually true.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Only a few weeks ago people were commenting on how we've had an unusually large number of Saturday 3pm kick-offs this season.
To be clear, I neither know nor care if that's actually true.
Definitely true! We hadn't had a televised league game in 2023 until the recent Forest game I believe.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its a poxy KO time. We got back at 23.50. Bloody worth it though. That's why you should never leave early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here