Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 Games,.... How many points? [actually 9 games]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
14, which will probably be enough for 6th though 3 of those 14 need to come from the last game of the season v Villa the quintessential 3 point 6 pointer.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here it comes. I have us on 65pts BUT with Liverpool playing Spurs that means points dropped between them. We need a better GD though.
To save time click on SELECT NONE then click only from Man Utd to Liverpool.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The spread markets see us getting 15 more and finishing with a total of 64pts
IMG_3756.jpeg

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I did the predictor the other day, and have us finishing in 6th with 64 points. Liverpool’s run in is incredibly easy, so have them in 5th and Spurs continuing their decline as they end in 7th.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Call it 7 as arsenal away and city at home we’ll prob get nothing…

Would take 4 wins from those 9 big time…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah a realist… Which bit are you rudely referring to btw?
Bit rude, but I presume his point is that we are perfectly capable of taking points off the top two. In fact, I'd almost go so far as they say that the team that does beat us from those two will probably win the league, because I don't think we'll lose both.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bit rude, but I presume his point is that we are perfectly capable of taking points off the top two. In fact, I'd almost go so far as they say that the team that does beat us from those two will probably win the league, because I don't think we'll lose both.
Im pessimistic with predictions as it sets my kind in the right place and anything else is a bonus. I always think about the budgets of these top clubs and think ‘how the hell are we competing with them?’ So often give them more credit than they’re worth. They have been the best 2 teams by a way though. Obviously hope I’m WRONG..!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Im pessimistic with predictions as it sets my kind in the right place and anything else is a bonus. I always think about the budgets of these top clubs and think ‘how the hell are we competing with them?’ So often give them more credit than they’re worth. They have been the best 2 teams by a way though. Obviously hope I’m WRONG..!
How the hell indeed. Well we're not consistently competing with the top two in fairness. But there of 6 or 7 clubs with a bottomless pit of money and those two are the only two who are noticeably better. One of them got there in part by buying 2 of our players! But in a one off game, we can beat any team.

As an aside, the way we compete is no longer a secret, and it won't be long before other clubs move closer to our way of doing things.
For example, more reasonable wages and transfer fees, a separation of recruitment from management/coaching, and a reliance on modelling or something more sophisticated than a nod from one scout.

I hope the big clubs take forever to wake up to it though, as uncle Tony's business model relies on them shelling out big bucks for our players (after a couple of years playing for us)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here