Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 7.8 Earthquake Turkey and Syria

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Bet they felt the Magnitude 4.1 earthquake in Palestine last night.
Only weak or light tremors fortunately according to the shake map

Meanwhile Turkey continuing to have significant aftershocks - a 5.4 this morning

Some graphics that show the intensity and spread of the Turkey/Syria Quake - I find these images showing the scale of the first quake and the number of powerful aftershocks pretty incredible.

5C8D2304-0EC5-4900-9807-F97BA603938C.jpeg

64DC6B0E-49D6-42FB-86F2-EB73504B5947.jpeg

Puts it into perspective a bit (if any one is interested that is 🤷‍♂️)

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This is very good news at least

Christian Atsu rescued from rubble and recovering in hospital
apologies for ‘quoting myself but this tragically needs an update - understandably, confusion and difficulties in tracing people after this horrendous event were high and unfortunately original stories that Atsu was pulled out of the collapsed hotel alive and recovering in hospital were inaccurate. He was then later declared ‘missing’ but now confirmed to have initially died in the Quake. 😟

An incredibly sad outcome

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Woke up this morning and laid in bed thinking what would it be like for the roof to fall in and the flat crumble on top of me. Cannot be many worse ways to die that trapped amongst dust and rubble, in pain in the dark and freezing cold, hearing others above you who cannot rescue you. No food and water and just slowly fading away to die after 5-6 days. FFS. Not sure if that would make me believe in a God or curse him. Terrible for those poor people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here