Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 6th March 1982 - Liverpool 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 1

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We're only ever beaten Liverpool once in a league match, pretty sure Andy Ritchie got the winner that day

Was anyone on here there? Any memories of the day?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Those that were there will soon be back from their afternoon nap to give you details :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not true. we beat them at the goldstone in 1961 in Div 2

Actually I meant to say at Anfield.

Anyone on here back in 61 will be definitely taking a nap

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This had me thinking earlier today, have we ever beat the reigning top division champions, whomever they may be? We haven't beaten City or Liverpool so far in the Premier league, maybe we did between 79-83 in the first division?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I was stood on the Kop that day with several Liverpool supporting mates. If my memory serves me right, a Liverpool shot beat our keeper (Moseley?) and, with the Kop starting to celebrate and tumble down the terracing, the ball came to an abrupt stop in the goal line mud and was cleared off the line by, I think, Steve Foster. A very narrow escape!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes I was there.
In my view a bigger win that the FA Cup win the following season which usually gets referenced.
From memory the away end wasn't that full for the league game.
Seem to recall that after this away highlight, other than a boring 0-0 at Stoke in the next away game that we lost the remaining away games in that season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This had me thinking earlier today, have we ever beat the reigning top division champions, whomever they may be? We haven't beaten City or Liverpool so far in the Premier league, maybe we did between 79-83 in the first division?

Were Forest champions when we got the double over them? ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes I was there.
In my view a bigger win that the FA Cup win the following season which usually gets referenced.
From memory the away end wasn't that full for the league game.
Seem to recall that after this away highlight, other than a boring 0-0 at Stoke in the next away game that we lost the remaining away games in that season.

Yep pretty certain no tape will exist of the Albion goal

Interesting the crowd was 28,000, I seem to recall Anfield was about 43k back then. Not great for team riding high...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
14,214 days since we won a league match at Anfield!!!

LOL

Jul 7, 2003
Got a text from my parents late last night saying that we were there last time we won in the league at Anfield - as if I'd forget something like that!

Great though it was, I still think being there for the FA Cup win the following year was better.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yep pretty certain no tape will exist of the Albion goal

Interesting the crowd was 28,000, I seem to recall Anfield was about 43k back then. Not great for team riding high...

Liverpool crowds dropped quite sharply during the early 80s. Not sure why, although the city was in economic decline.

Same happened to Everton, although they increased during the glory years.

el punal

Liverpool crowds dropped quite sharply during the early 80s. Not sure why, although the city was in economic decline.

Same happened to Everton, although they increased during the glory years.

Every club’s attendances dropped during the 1980s, certainly compared with the 1960s/70s. Something to do with football hooliganism getting worse and more vicious maybe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't know about winning, but we had a cracking 3-3 draw in the FA Cup at the Goldstone in 1961.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here