Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 mins

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
After all these years, refs finally cotton on to the simple notion that they should add proper amounts of time on and that lasts precisely two weeks. For the hard of thinking, this had no bearing on the result, but why did the ref choose this game to go back to the bad old days? Did he not bother to add time on for the goal celebrations, substitutions, fake injuries, timewasting etc. It drives me absolutely crazy. Hell, it might even have given West Ham time for another goal but why can't they provide any kind of consistency and give us what we've paid for. Last week's ref would have added on at least 10 mins for that. Useless.

Edit - sorry already a thread, I was too angry to spot it!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I estimated seven minutes, so wasn't too surprised. The lack of bookings for things that earned players cards in the first two weeks of the season was bizarre, though...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
6 wasn't too far off.

But for about 90 seconds wasted of the 4 mins added at the end of the first half, ZERO was given.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Joke. As were most of the decisions by the officials.

One of those days when nothing went our way.
Yeo one of them. Clearly 10+ mins under new rules. Taylor as usual fell for every time wasting tactic in the book - literally thick.

Move on and take this one on the chin. There were signs of this despite the first 2 results - Caicedo hole in the middle etc 1 it’s the vultures that are partly to blame but move on!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
After all these years, refs finally cotton on to the simple notion that they should add proper amounts of time on and that lasts precisely two weeks. For the hard of thinking, this had no bearing on the result, but why did the ref choose this game to go back to the bad old days? Did he not bother to add time on for the goal celebrations, substitutions, fake injuries, timewasting etc. It drives me absolutely crazy. Hell, it might even have given West Ham time for another goal but why can't they provide any kind of consistency and give us what we've paid for. Last week's ref would have added on at least 10 mins for that. Useless.

Edit - sorry already a thread, I was too angry to spot it!
I timed the stoppages, including subs, resetting after goals, time-wasting. Six minutes was pretty much bang on. Last season, without the current approach, there’d barely have been a minute go by without the away team fabricating a stoppage in that situation. The threat of yellow cards is already making a difference.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
6 wasn't too far off.

But for about 90 seconds wasted of the 4 mins added at the end of the first half, ZERO was given.
That’s how I saw it too. I assume we didn’t get that because we wasted most of the stoppage time ourselves discussing the free-kick.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably took off time for all of our diving and terrible penalty appeals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here