Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] 40 Years ago, Today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that the Winter Olympics performance in Sarajevo was 40 years ago today. The video above is of the 1984 World Championships in Ottawa.
Yep but:-

39 years and 11 months ago today

is a less catchy thread title.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was talking about this on a call with a colleague of mine who is originally from Sarajevo. She looked a bit blankly at me as I was telling her the tales of our fantastic gold medal in the Sarajevo games and then it dawned on me that she probably hadn’t even been born then!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, I was a fresh faced 15 year old who knew nothing about Ice skating, but I do remember watching this and being totally mesmorised...

Same (only not quite so young). I had as much knowledge of, and interest in, ice dancing as I did in maypole dancing, or competitive flower arranging. However that Bolero performance was absolutely magical, one of THE great sporting moments of all time IMO. I can still watch it now and be spellbound, even after all these years.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3666.jpeg

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I was 8 and remember it very much as a "moment" - whole family getting together round the TV to watch it, and then I think being interested enough to go and see Robin Cousins at the Brighton Centre in some kind of ice dancing show that Christmas. Might be getting my years mixed up though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here