Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1-4-1

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone else notice we very clearly moved to this in the 2nd half? At first it was Buckley as the one, then it was Barnes.

It results in us having no possession and sitting very deep with the 1 isolated. I remember we used the same formation against Swindon (with Vicente upfront) and it was AWFUL then.

Gus, it don't work. Cheers.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I went to play as Brighton on FIFA today and the 4-1-4-1 had automatically been set as that formation , I hasten to add i lost 4 games on the trot so not my favourite formation ( went back to 4-3-3 )

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was worried when we took off Buckles as i thought that we lost that pacey breakaway threat. LuaLua was on yes, but he clings and rarely roams, so we didn't have good an outlet. I suppose we don't want to risk losing him to another knock or strain though.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
We play boring football end off. Might as well be 6-3-1. Call me negative, it might be down to personnel but I'd MUCH rather watch us play attacking football. Up the road they have Bolasie and Zaha ruining defences, I hope the introduction of Ulloa as a Murray type center forward will lead to a more offensive approach, especially down the wings.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We play boring football end off. Might as well be 6-3-1. Call me negative, it might be down to personnel but I'd MUCH rather watch us play attacking football. Up the road they have Bolasie and Zaha ruining defences, I hope the introduction of Ulloa as a Murray type center forward will lead to a more offensive approach, especially down the wings.

If you really think.our football is boring (I personally love our style.of.play) I suspect.you have provided your.own amswer

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Did anyone else notice we very clearly moved to this in the 2nd half? At first it was Buckley as the one, then it was Barnes.

It results in us having no possession and sitting very deep with the 1 isolated. I remember we used the same formation against Swindon (with Vicente upfront) and it was AWFUL then.

Gus, it don't work. Cheers.

He moved to it in the first half when Ward came on to put Barnes in against him.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
If you really think.our football is boring (I personally love our style.of.play) I suspect.you have provided your.own amswer

It's all about opinions, sideways sideways backwards sideways is not something I would call entertaining football. Effective yes, but entertaining, in my opinion, no.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
All depends though who's playing when this formation is used
If we Played it with

Ulloa
Orlandi Vicente. Hammond. Buckley

Bridcutt

Bridge El Abd. Greer. Bruno

So a few more attacking options it might work better
A target man in Ulloa to hold it up better and with more attacking options with Vicente , Buckley & orlandi
And Hammond anchoring in midfield and Bridcutt protecting the back 4
So not much change from sat except Vicente & Ulloa giving us more up top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here