Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 points from Europe

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Let's assume 7th will work; a team in top 6 winning FA Cup (looks likely) will mean 7th will be final League position to qualify for Europa Conference League (EFL cup winner will be in top 5 for sure).

Over last 10 seasons, the points for 7th range from 54 (17/18) to 64 (13/14) with a mean of 60. 27 points from 15 matches including 9 against teams above us is a big ask. Would surely need 5 wins from 6 matches against the others and over a point a game from the 9. We have failed to beat any team currently higher than us in table.

It sort of looks fairy tale stuff; IMO it will need points required to be near mid 50s, and a deal of good fortune. Dream on is my view, but win next three and well, you never know......

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not sure if the Club (squad) is quite up to dealing with Europe yet , especially if we lose Bissouma in the summer. The fall of Burnley , since their Europe adventure, is a timely warning.

Or it could work for us like it did Wolves and Leicester, and kick on squad players and develop them further. Not really comparable to the very tight-knit 11 Burnley use. Potter uses and rotates his whole squad very well.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Old threads get bounced on here all the time and nobody gets threatened with a ban for it. This thread is a month old.

Fair enough in that I didn't realise they were so recent. However, the point about your gleeful trolling after each defeat and bouncing three threads within the space of minutes remains. I don't especially mind but your schtick is predictably wearisome and deters people from using the site, hence why you get threatened with a ban.

On your wider point about "old threads get bounced on here all the time and nobody gets threatened with a ban for it" -well, this type of thing came up in a conversation between the Moderating team earlier today. One of the most frequent complaints from those who fall foul of content moderation (and that is a tiny, tiny percentage of users) is, "That's not fair - so and so didn't get infracted / banned for doing the same thing."

Well, part of the reason for that is because a poster's history and contribution to NSC is often taken into consideration when considering action. Your sole purpose for using NSC these days appears to be to stir the pot when we lose, so don't be surprised if that attracts infractions as it diminishes a site that loads of people enjoy and other people work hard to keep on track.

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Fair enough in that I didn't realise they were so recent. However, the point about your gleeful trolling after each defeat and bouncing three threads within the space of minutes remains. I don't especially mind but your schtick is predictably wearisome and deters people from using the site, hence why you get threatened with a ban.

On your wider point about "old threads get bounced on here all the time and nobody gets threatened with a ban for it" -well, this type of thing came up in a conversation between the Moderating team earlier today. One of the most frequent complaints from those who fall foul of content moderation (and that is a tiny, tiny percentage of users) is, "That's not fair - so and so didn't get infracted / banned for doing the same thing."

Well, part of the reason for that is because a poster's history and contribution to NSC is often taken into consideration when considering action. Your sole purpose for using NSC these days appears to be to stir the pot when we lose, so don't be surprised if that attracts infractions as it diminishes a site that loads of people enjoy and other people work hard to keep on track.
At that time we were now we are not.i take 100% responsibility for our mega bad run of form .sack me now

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here