Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £3.90 for 1 jumbo battered sausage !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never trust those hybrid places. They do fried chicken, pizza and kebabs? Means they won’t do any of them well.
Very wise words.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Opera rap?
Oh I miss this.

We lived on the 7 dials. For years a Saturday night out was a few pints in the Albert, then we’d head to the Battle, get nicely sozzled and head down to Sore Fingers for a saveloy and chip dinner. Taken home to enjoy in front of a DVD and a few bottles of “Spanish” beer, purchased from 7 dials Co-Op.

Happy days.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Glad this had been posted - we fancied a cheap takeaway and hadn't had fish and chips for a while, so - 2 medium cod and chips, a battered sausage and two cans of Rio. Was expecting about £18-20 absolute max.

£29.60! Wtf, could've had an Indian for that

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Glad this had been posted - we fancied a cheap takeaway and hadn't had fish and chips for a while, so - 2 medium cod and chips, a battered sausage and two cans of Rio. Was expecting about £18-20 absolute max.

My wife guessed £30.

(Buying drinks from a takeaway never a great idea.)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
When I was (a lot) younger I used to work in a fish and chip shop in Brighton that wasn't open on Mondays, the reason for that was because the fishermen didn't go out on Sundays, so the fish wouldn't be fresh. My boss used to get the right hump with me as dinner or lunch was a perk of the job. I didn't like fish so used to have chicken & in comparison to the fish, that was really expensive, I would have Huss at a push (because he'd lie and say there was no chicken) :lolol: . If he still owned it, he would be happy with me just having the chicken now, as fish is so much more expensive.
They used to do apple and blackberry 'spring' rolls as a pudding and they were lovely. The chip shop across the road from where I lived did pineapple fritters, does anywhere do either these days?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Presumably you e not had an Indian takeaway for a while too!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the advice of a poster here (sorry, I’ve forgotten who) I ordered from Lexden fish and chips in Seaford. And it was probably the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. £21.40 for two medium (massive) cods and a regular chips between two of us. The portions were huge, and it was the freshest tasting most beautifully cooked battered fish I’ve ever tasted.

Highly recommended, even if you have a travel a little bit.
Shoreham to Scotland for a meal … “travel a little bit”?

Codswallop

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Quick question, I was informed last night that there is no such thing as a potato scallop in this country, and he wouldn't ask our local fish and chip shop if they had them. This seems a travesty. Its sliced potato, dunked in batter and fried, well tasty. Are they called something else here, or is there no such thing?
they don't do em ....the jocks have something similar called a time bomb.....slice of potato , black pudding , marshmallow , rum n raisin chocolate ........dipped in lard , fried then dipped in batter and deep fried.

disgusting

Dec 29, 2011
If the plaice for a fish puns isn't on a chip shop thread then where can it be?
Blimey, I just realised people are making fish puns because the thread is about fish and chips. I'm genuinely concerned for my mental ability right now 😂

N.b. this doesn't change my dislike of fish related puns being trotted out time and time again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here