Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3.01 pm kick-off. Time for some more preaching

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To have bad anxiety and depression can be crippling. Worse than having 100 broken bones and not suffering from it. I think more people understand now but for many, ie those who have not experienced it, they will just do not get it, which the op has clearly expressed

100% - not just directly, but close family, friends, colleagues.........it’s effing horrible, it really is.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Late to this particular thread but wanted to express the following...

I sincerely hope all those who have suffered or are suffering gain some benefit from the 60second delay.

To all our mods... Isn't it about time that CJTCs like the OP are removed from this site before their poisonous sh1t actually (permanently) hurts someone who is already vulnerable?

As always... Anyone struggling and wants someone to talk to, send me a PM.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A short film narrated by the Duke of Cambridge will be played at FA Cup matches to encourage football fans to look after their mental health.
The film will be played in stadiums just before kick-off at every FA Cup third round match this weekend.
Kick-off for all 32 fixtures will be delayed for 60 seconds to prompt fans to consider their well-being.

What a bunch of extreme bollocks. Is anyone REALLY going to consider their well-being for one minute before a football match because they're prompted to? We're football fans going to a football match. Stop assuming we all need help. And if we do, then a football match is not the time or place. Everyone's fecking virtue signalling. Oh, aren't we great, we're pretending to be interested in mental health … two weeks ago it was rainbow laces. Open a frigging church next door to the Amex so that folks who want to be preached at can go in there before the game. Rant over. Well, this one anyway … for the moment.

Just imagine if you can if this had been done before a game at the Goldstone. Everyone would have fallen about laughing … and this would be the correct reaction tomorrow.

A post which proves beyond all dbout that society does indeed need to look out for those with extreme mental health issues.

Like you, for instance.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Late to this particular thread but wanted to express the following...

I sincerely hope all those who have suffered or are suffering gain some benefit from the 60second delay.

To all our mods... Isn't it about time that CJTCs like the OP are removed from this site before their poisonous sh1t actually (permanently) hurts someone who is already vulnerable?

As always... Anyone struggling and wants someone to talk to, send me a PM.

Without the OP and his nonsense we wouldn’t be discussing this issue again. Not exactly what he and the others were hoping for but this thread is totally heartwarming and inspirational. I think it shows how far we have come that they are called out by so many. Obviously we still have a long way to go but to me it is fantastic that we are (nearly) all able to talk about this shit and support each other.

Go you good people.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I doubt many people will be laughing at Mental Health issues tomorrow, maybe that shows how the majority of people and society have evolved since the seventies and eighties, however your post shows that there is still some way to go.

Wish they did this 10 years ago, might have saved me the shittiest start to a decade in my life. You just dont think it could ever happen to you until it does.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The Duke of Cambridge is the president of the FA, and suffered himself from depression following the death of his mother. He is also very involved with mental health charities.

Well in my opinion he shouldn't be anywhere near running the FA (however "symbolic" his position is) as a hereditary member of the royal family.

Obviously respect for what he went through with his mother.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I never get frustrated at people who show ignorance or a lack of empathy towards people that suffer mental health problems, because to me, it means they don't understand because they've never experienced it, and for that, I'm genuinely happy for them.

Like many, I suffer and twice have been so, so close.

I wouldn't wish those feelings of despair and hopelessness on my worst enemy.

I count myself very lucky, because my friends really are true friends, and the best in the world.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Initiatives always welcome. Excellent news that it's timed so that those who want to avoid it, can. Works on all levels.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As an acutely depressed sad pathetic lonely middle aged man (hence the post count) who can't even manage a manic high.
I hope the message gets through to someone, who feels like me but has enough left within themselves to be spurred on to seek change

Instead of resigning themselves to being a lost cause.

If it’s any consolation, I am a little bit impressed by your post count. In a small way, you are winning a race.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
One of my New Year resolutions is to cut down on diazepam.

I suffer from anxiety and worry about my family, friends, money, doors being locked, being in small cramped places like on a tube train etc. But what good is worrying? So far I've more than halved what I ended the year on. Great support from my girlfriend especially. I wish I'd never started using benzodiazepines (prescribed from my doctor for anxiety and paranoia). I think that's something that gets forgotten about as a condition - paranoia. If I hear people laugh I think it's sometimes directed at me or being stared at when running for a train which sounds stupid I know.

This thread is brilliant in that we can all open up about how we're feeling. NSC at its best.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A short film narrated by the Duke of Cambridge will be played at FA Cup matches to encourage football fans to look after their mental health.
The film will be played in stadiums just before kick-off at every FA Cup third round match this weekend.
Kick-off for all 32 fixtures will be delayed for 60 seconds to prompt fans to consider their well-being.

What a bunch of extreme bollocks. Is anyone REALLY going to consider their well-being for one minute before a football match because they're prompted to? We're football fans going to a football match. Stop assuming we all need help. And if we do, then a football match is not the time or place. Everyone's fecking virtue signalling. Oh, aren't we great, we're pretending to be interested in mental health … two weeks ago it was rainbow laces. Open a frigging church next door to the Amex so that folks who want to be preached at can go in there before the game. Rant over. Well, this one anyway … for the moment.

Just imagine if you can if this had been done before a game at the Goldstone. Everyone would have fallen about laughing … and this would be the correct reaction tomorrow.

Does it really make a difference? A large portion of our fans will still be buying beer at that stage.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems as though 2.8 Million listened to the preaching and did somerhing.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Could anyone actually hear it at the stadium? I was in S1A and couldn’t although I haven’t the best hearing in the world.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Could anyone actually hear it at the stadium? I was in S1A and couldn’t although I haven’t the best hearing in the world.

Pardon?

I am so sorry I couldn’t resist that. To be fair, the acoustics at the Amex are not that brilliant and you do end up having to listen intently when announcements are being made

But at least we all get a free eye test when the subs are announced. Top green, bottom red.....which is the clearer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here