[Brighton] 2pm Sunday KOs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Hate them. Living in London with season ticket holding boys that also play makes it very hard to attend.
Yep, awful trip down from London - especially after getting back from an enjoyable but tiring trip to Marseille at midnight. Son couldn't make his match and we ended up in awful traffic - ditching the car on Ditchling Beacon and walking 50mins to the ground. Nice little bit of exercise on the way back up but the traffic home was appaling too - especially now the middle lane dickheads have decided that they are going to sit permanently in the outside lane.

Previous Sundays have been a breeze of a journey, not sure if this was just down to the train strike or whether something else was going on; Liverpool fans all driving down from Surrey I guess

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes it makes it difficult for kids Sunday football. The youth leagues recognise this and will allow fixtures to be played on other days eg Saturdays, and will permit fixtures to be reversed if it achieves an earlier kick off.
Doesn't help with rugby matches though. I got home from Guildford at 3 yesterday, just in time to watch the second half.

I missed the Bournemouth match too - they're an absolute pain. Why do we do rarely get the 4.30 KO, which would be much better for kids and adults involved in junior sport?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Doesn't help with rugby matches though. I got home from Guildford at 3 yesterday, just in time to watch the second half.

I missed the Bournemouth match too - they're an absolute pain. Why do we do rarely get the 4.30 KO, which would be much better for kids and adults involved in junior sport?
What is this 'rugby' you speak about?

2pm kick-offs are great imo. Allows enough time to get home in a reasonable time if one is in the Sussex area which frees up the evening. 4:30 kick-offs are rubbish as travelling to the match has to start halfway through the day and by the time it's all over the evening is gone and work looms like a nasty whiff.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Majority of Sundays seem to be affected by engineering work somewhere or other.
7 hour round trip from South London yesterday.

We need to make sure of one of the champions league spots this season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really like it.

Players and fans fully awake :lolol:. Home by 4:10, giving a lovely long afternoon/evening.
This and home for family dinner. Not sure how you used the Mill Road P&R and got home for 4.10 though. That said, it might have helped if our driver hadn't taken a scenic tour of Patcham on the trip back :facepalm:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was able to see Bognor's FA Trophy win on Saturday, Brighton's game on Sunday and was still able to have dinner with my family both nights.
So, selfishly it's perfect.

I'm no longer involved in youth football, but I do sympathise with how the Albion's Sunday games impact on youth fixtures.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As someone who lives in a time zone 8 or 9 hours ahead of the uk and who works all day Saturday and Sunday I'm all for them! Or lunch time Saturday. Either is OK for me.

Not sure I'd have the same opinion if I was a match goer though.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I agree. It's a decent KO time

Sat 3pm
Sun 2pm
Sat 5.30pm
Sat 12.30pm
Sun 4.30pm
Sat 8pm
Fri 7.45pm/8pm
Thurs Europa games