Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] 2025 Women's World Cup Rugby at the Amex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's just been announced that the Amex will be one of the host stadiums for the Women's Rugby World Cup in 2025.

We were given broad hints about this a few weeks ago, so I'm glad it's official now.

Really looking forward to this: it will a tremendous boost to female rugby across Sussex. And if the Amex can give us a game like Japan v SA that the men gave us, we're in for a treat.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
More money for the club and another way to raise our profile. All good.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The worst I've ever seen the Amex pitch was after the rugby had been on it in 2015. But it didn't matter so much then when the strategy was much more direct than it is now.

I'm less enthused by this

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We'll need to play extra away games at the start of next season you would think. Stadium likely handed over to Rugby for whatever period the games are over.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We'll need to play extra away games at the start of next season you would think. Stadium likely handed over to Rugby for whatever period the games are over.
It’s on from the 22nd August to 27th September.

Assuming they would want the Stadium a week before to get it and the shop ready.

And we host one of the Knock out rounds then we’re likely looking at around a month without a home game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good stuff, but it does make me wonder (again) why Albion women still have to play most games at Crawley

The U21s play at the 1,000 capacity stadium at Lancing. I'm surprised it wasn't made a bit bigger (6,000?) with ladies games in mind.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't see anything negative about this at all. Pitches these days are better maintained and there'll be very little wear and tear on the pitch. It will bring cash to the club and yet further boost to the club's profile.

However, the impetus that this will give to women's and girls' rugby in the area is immeasurable. It will give the sport a much higher profile - particularly as England will be hot favourites to make the final (as long as they can avoid a semi against NZ). That boost to female sport goes beyond money.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It's just been announced that the Amex will be one of the host stadiums for the Women's Rugby World Cup in 2025.

We were given broad hints about this a few weeks ago, so I'm glad it's official now.

Really looking forward to this: it will a tremendous boost to female rugby across Sussex. And if the Amex can give us a game like Japan v SA that the men gave us, we're in for a treat.
But, is it included within the 1901 ticket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here