Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 UEFA Europa League Playoff Round

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can someone repost the likely allocations please? Can't find it anywhere.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It seems Qarabag play at different stadiums for league and europa cup - Their last home game on 14th December 2023 Vs Hacken was at Tofiq stadium which (google tells me..) holds 31,000 - Do they also play at the National stadium (Circa 68k) depending upon competition and opposition ?
They’ve played all of their Europa League games this season at Tofiq, including qualifiers.

They’ve previously used the Baku Olympic stadium for Champions League games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can someone repost the likely allocations please? Can't find it anywhere.

Found it...

Created a fun sheet of cities I'm happy to fly to, excluding small capacity stadiums (I won't get a ticket) and teams highly unlikely to qualify.

And I'm left with... Rome, Milan and Lisbon x 2.

(Roma preferred given league form.)

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Found it...

Created a fun sheet of cities I'm happy to fly to, excluding small capacity stadiums (I won't get a ticket) and teams highly unlikely to qualify.

And I'm left with... Rome, Milan and Lisbon x 2.

(Roma preferred given league form.)
Not Hamburg (where Shakhtar play)? Marseille might be slight favourites in the return leg but it’s definitely still in the balance.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
PHOTO-2023-12-16-18-04-32.jpg

Posted this before, was forwarded to an Albion group chat I'm in. Thanks to whoever created it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not Hamburg (where Shakhtar play)? Marseille might be slight favourites in the return leg but it’s definitely still in the balance.
Yeah, I dismissed it as Marseille have edge. But you're right, could go either way.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Marseille are all over the place defensively. Wouldn't be surprised if next week's second leg at the Stade Velodrome finishes 5-5 on aggregate and gets decided on penalties.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Sorry, I forgot about the second legs! 😅

Today's Fixtures
5:45pm Kickoffs
FK Qarabag vs Sporting Braga (agg. 4-2, TNT Sports 6)
Rennes vs AC Milan (agg. 0-3, TNT Sports 1)
SC Freiburg vs Lens (agg. 0-0, TNT Sports 5)
Toulouse vs Benfica (agg. 1-2, TNT Sports 2)

8:00pm Kickoffs
Marseille vs Shakhtar Donetsk (agg. 2-2, TNT Sports 2)
Roma vs Feyenoord (agg. 1-1, TNT Sports 1)
Sparta Prague vs Galatasaray (agg. 2-3, TNT Sports 6)
Sporting Lisbon vs Young Boys (agg. 3-1, TNT Sports 5)

Brighton & Hove Albion will play the winner of one of these ties in the round of 16.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
I know this has been done to death but just created this table of all the teams still able to make (or already made) the last 16. Looking likely to be bloody hard to get through the next round (not that we won't give it a bloody good try) as there are very likely going to be 7 teams who currently lead their respective divisions and 3 of those are teams we could get drawn against. (The Game nos. in black currently show who we could face, with a couple in grey as they drew the 1st Leg).
Lge Win % puts us currently 19th in the table and quite likely that only West Ham and Marseille are going to be below us in terms of the ranking based on Lge form of the teams that make the final 16 (Freiberg currently 2 down on agg to Lens and Toulouse still behind on agg to Benfica). Thankfully our Europa Lge form was exceptional over the last 4 games so lets hope that continues 'cos looking at the league form, not many teams are losing games in their leagues at the moment.

1708628252132.png

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know this has been done to death but just created this table of all the teams still able to make (or already made) the last 16. Looking likely to be bloody hard to get through the next round (not that we won't give it a bloody good try) as there are very likely going to be 7 teams who currently lead their respective divisions and 3 of those are teams we could get drawn against. (The Game nos. in black currently show who we could face, with a couple in grey as they drew the 1st Leg).
Lge Win % puts us currently 19th in the table and quite likely that only West Ham and Marseille are going to be below us in terms of the ranking based on Lge form of the teams that make the final 16 (Freiberg currently 2 down on agg to Lens and Toulouse still behind on agg to Benfica). Thankfully our Europa Lge form was exceptional over the last 4 games so lets hope that continues 'cos looking at the league form, not many teams are losing games in their leagues at the moment.

View attachment 176952
Doesn't matter where teams are in their respective divisions without a direct comparison to their leagues standard to the Premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here