Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2023-24 FA Cup

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The first round draw was made earlier and in the not too distant past we’d have been glued to our radios praying Brighton avoided a trip to some ghastly non league side and hope we could make the third round and the promise of a Premier League big boy, or Stoke City.

All the Sussex clubs appear to have been drawn away from home, but tie of the round is probably 8th tier Cray Valley Paper Mills facing the arduous 4 mile trip north to face Charlton Athletic (all joking aside it’s a great draw for them as The Valley is a cracking stadium and their players will love playing there).

Couple of what we can only class as twats derbies as Cheaterfield welcome Pompey Scum and two clubs absolutely no one gives a toss about face off as MK Dons travel to Reading.

Draw in full -

Curzon Ashton v Aveley or Barnet

Alfreton Town v Worthing

Chesterfield v Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers v Solihull Moors

Exeter City v Wigan Athletic

Leyton Orient v Carlisle United

Kidderminster Harriers v Fleetwood Town

Hereford v Gillingham

Ebbsfleet United or Slough Town v Grimsby Town

Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley (PM)

Oxford United v Maidenhead United

Newport County v Oldham Athletic

Swindon Town v Aldershot Town

Crewe Alexandra v Derby County

Mansfield Town v Wrexham

Marine v Harrogate Town

Barnsley v Horsham

Port Vale v Burton Albion

Peterborough United v Salford City

Eastleigh v Boreham Wood

Bradford City v Wycombe Wanderers

Billericay Town or Sheppey United v Walsall

Shrewsbury Town v Colchester United

Bristol Rovers v Chelmsford City or Whitby Town

Lincoln City v Morecambe

Sutton United v AFC Fylde

Reading v MK Dons

Doncaster Rovers v Accrington Stanley

Chester v York City or Needham Market

Scarborough Athletic or Oxford City v Forest Green Rovers

Notts County v Crawley Town

Stockport County v Worksop Town

Yeovil Town v Gateshead

Stevenage v Tranmere Rovers

Braintree Town or Chesham United v Maidstone United

Bromley v Blackpool

AFC Wimbledon v Cheltenham Town

Cambridge United v Bracknell Town

Northampton Town v Barrow

Ramsgate v Hemel Hempstead Town or Woking

Triton

Jul 8, 2023
The winner gets £41k for this round,
Alfreton game is winnable, they are the same tier as Worthing.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Horsham at Barnsley is I suppose one of the bigger possible clubs to get at this stage. Could that be televised, or are Barnsley just not glamorous enough?

I remember about 12 years ago Horsham got a second round replay televised against Swansea, and a hammering to go with that.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

The commentator made me laugh, been taking lessons form South American commentators.

boik

Horsham at Barnsley is I suppose one of the bigger possible clubs to get at this stage. Could that be televised, or are Barnsley just not glamorous enough?

I remember about 12 years ago Horsham got a second round replay televised against Swansea, and a hammering to go with that.
Used to watch Horsham all the time when I was a kid. Remember the glamour draw against Swindon (including superstar Don Rogers) and a record crowd of 7000. Seemed a big deal at the time.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

I'm not sure if the replay was televised (I was there) but the first match was on Sky Sports on the Friday night and finished 1-1.

EDIT - it was nearly 16 years ago...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The Charlie Harris derby.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hereford vs Gillingham has some Albion history tied to it

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My Worthing supporting mate is already looking into hotels for the Alfreton match

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My Worthing supporting mate is already looking into hotels for the Alfreton match
Important information for Worthing fans visiting Alfreton.

Do not visit the Old High Street (Vieux High Street) area of Alfreton during your stay. Any worthing supporters identified within this area could be fined by the authorities.

When travelling around the town - do not to wear anything that will identify yourself as Worthing supporters or congregate in large groups. Sussex Police will be present in the town to work with supporters and the local authorities.

Do not talk in a Sussex accent. Avoid using words like wunt and druv.

Street crime, including pickpocketing, and harassment from flocks of sheep can take place in Alfreto.. Be vigilant, take sensible precautions and have valid travel insurance.

Carry photo ID (passport) at all times in the town.

The large Tesco area of Alfreton has a Weatherspoons and sells Gingster sausage rolls where supporters should base themselves on the day of the match. Additional food and drink facilities and a local singer will frighten you with Northern folk songs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Important information for Worthing fans visiting Alfreton.

Do not visit the Old High Street (Vieux High Street) area of Alfreton during your stay. Any worthing supporters identified within this area could be fined by the authorities.

When travelling around the town - do not to wear anything that will identify yourself as Worthing supporters or congregate in large groups. Sussex Police will be present in the town to work with supporters and the local authorities.

Do not talk in a Sussex accent. Avoid using words like wunt and druv.

Street crime, including pickpocketing, and harassment from flocks of sheep can take place in Alfreto.. Be vigilant, take sensible precautions and have valid travel insurance.

Carry photo ID (passport) at all times in the town.

The large Tesco area of Alfreton has a Weatherspoons and sells Gingster sausage rolls where supporters should base themselves on the day of the match. Additional food and drink facilities and a local singer will frighten you with Northern folk songs.
Is Alfreton in the North though ? Where doth the North start ? I've always said at the Crooked Spire in Chesterfield, which places Alfreton in the Midlands. That's another thread altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here