Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2013/14, Garcia & Poyet - Questions

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Are you optimistic going into the new season?

Think it will be a mediocre season. There are a good handful of teams that look far better than us on paper. Mid table would be good.

Were BHAFC right to sack Poyet?

Not sure of the circumstances so hard to answer.

Why won't Tony Bloom release details of the reason behind Poyet's dismissal?

He doesn't need to.

Is Poyet right to take the club to court, and will doing so taint his legacy?

Again difficult to answer. He obviously feels aggrieved rightly or wrongly.

Is Garcia a worthy replacement?

Watching him at the friendlies he seems passionate and hungry for success. Think he's going for 3 points rather than a safe draw.

Do you think the episode caused damage to the club in terms of PR?

Probably yes, especially since it came straight after our Playoff defeat. Looked like a lot of sour grapes.

Will Albion be able to overcome the off-field issues and carry on the positive momentum of the past few years?

Yes, we've overcome it before.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let me explain myself - I'm saying that he shouldn't have been sacked the way he was regardless of what he did*. I don't really need to know that to form my opinion that he should have been released mutually and amicably (in public). The drawn out suspension/sacking/gross misconduct/potential court case saga has damaged us and damaged Gus in my opinion.

*I'll accept that there are a few scenarios that should lead to an instant sacking, but all the stories swirling are centred around activities in March, two months before he was suspended.

Financially, how much do you think an 'amicable' separation would have cost the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here