NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Two memories from that weekend:
1. Taking nearly £200 from the fruit machines on Cleethorpes beach
2. Keane goading the Brighton fans with the 'going down' gesture. Twat

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was there. How was I there in that era the quality of that picture certainly feels like the olden days. Lasting memory of that day was a fat Grimsby fan goading the Brighton fans with a young son. To which he got all the usually abuse and the son looking suitably embarrassed and upset.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was a good weekend ruined by that game, though we had a cracking breakfast in a cafe on Cleethorpes beach. Spent the day before in Lincoln and took in the Imps v Torquay.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was there. How was I there in that era the quality of that picture certainly feels like the olden days. Lasting memory of that day was a fat Grimsby fan goading the Brighton fans with a young son. To which he got all the usually abuse and the son looking suitably embarrassed and upset.
The fat man was great fun!

The saddest part of the day for me was not getting relegated but thinking it was the last we'd ever see of Zamora in a Brighton shirt.

GNLF Bonus fact: the game against Grimsby at Withdean the following season was the last Brighton game I saw before moving to Japan.

Nicks

Photo from that day

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1677701497302.jpg
    FB_IMG_1677701497302.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 52

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Interesting comparing the different fortunes of the clubs since and where we are at now as shown in the recent FA Cup game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember Keane being a total bellend after the equaliser.

Oh, and some really nice chips on the way back

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve got Bobby Zamoras boots from that game

I have mentioned that before on here

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Had a great day and I was kinda resigned to relegation, the Stoke result just confirmed it. Remember a bouncy sing a long for an age, before kick off. We seemed to enjoy the tannoy selection more than them.
I have to say, kick arse celebration by the Stoke scorer in the clip.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And as I walked back to my car on a day so sunny, it even made Cleethorpes look OK, I wish some fairy godmother type being had tapped me on the shoulder and told me that 20 years from now we'd be playing Man U ... and we mostly expect we'll beat them, though not by as far as last season's 4 - 0, and complete the double.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here