Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 points dropped or 1 gained?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I do recognise we were the better team but how can scoring a 90th minute equaliser against a team renowned for holding onto leads be anything other than a point gained.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Thought we did plenty enough to win in terms of approach and ambition, just need to take chances. All Palace had for 90mins was a soft penalty.

Unfortunately you don’t get points for approach and ambition. 20 shots, 3 on target is poor. We didn’t test their keeper at all for all the possession and touches in the box. But yes, a really soft penalty.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unfortunately you don’t get points for approach and ambition. 20 shots, 3 on target is poor. We didn’t test their keeper at all for all the possession and touches in the box. But yes, a really soft penalty.

You don’t, but had we managed a 2nd I don’t think anyone could say it wasn’t deserved with the play we had, that was my point.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Good point given how late we equalised. Frustrating not to get 3 as we dominated. Will feel more of a good point if we could win next 2 games.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Did ManUtd deserve their win the other week?

They won, that is a fact. Did they deserve it as a judgement of the overall game?

Just because you’re the better team that doesn’t mean you (always) deserve to win.

At United we were mega unlucky, but we defended poorly and didn’t take out chances. And unfortunately with the big games, they have players who can change a game in an instant.

Yesterday, like I said i don’t think we done enough to win. If Palace won yesterday you could easily say they done their job and deserved to win. They stopped us creating any real chances and limited our shots on goal. I think both teams would be happy with a point yesterday.

I don’t want us turning into a club that thinks just because we have a lot of possession who pass the ball around and plays pretty football means we should win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just because you’re the better team that doesn’t mean you (always) deserve to win.

At United we were mega unlucky, but we defended poorly and didn’t take out chances. And unfortunately with the big games, they have players who can change a game in an instant.

Yesterday, like I said i don’t think we done enough to win. If Palace won yesterday you could easily say they done their job and deserved to win. They stopped us creating any real chances and limited our shots on goal. I think both teams would be happy with a point yesterday.

I don’t want us turning into a club that thinks just because we have a lot of possession who pass the ball around and plays pretty football means we should win.

I don't disagree, but if you read my posts, I wasn't saying we deserved to win, my point was had we won, no one could have said we didn't deserve it. Sometimes that is not the case, you do nothing in a game, and you nick a win.

Let's say Dunk's header at the end had gone in instead of ending up with his sending off, I suspect no one is saying we didn't deserve the 3 pts other than RH. That is football. We didn't deserve to win because at the end of the day it wasn't like we hit the woodwork 5 times, had we won, we would have very much deserved it, a subtle different.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I remain unconvinced that there is currently any discernible difference between being home or away until crowds come back so can't agree with the point gained away from home crowd. We should be miles above Palace at the end of the season and would win that game more often than not. That said, You can't legislate for VAR chalking off Connolly's pen against Man Utd, Burn being hugged to death in the penalty area being deemed fine yet Batman falling on his arse is a pen which doesn't need to be reviewed. This VAR inconsistency is enough to kick the TV in.

On another day, that is another Newcastle result. Take the point and give West Brom a hiding.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Both. Way better throughout and should have done more with our possession. Only a draw because of the shocking referee (again), so 2 points dropped. Looked like we were heading to defeat again - so late equaliser is 1 point gained.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Connolly definitely a pen that’s twice now the defender gets the wrong side of him and has no chance of getting the ball, slow it down and you can see the hand push him down, he pulls his hand away and then has another go knowing Connolly has done him for pace. If I see it on the tv how is Friend not seeing it :shrug: Vardy gets that all day long something needs to be done about the officials and sharpish.

The ghost pen ruined the game Roys chumps had an excuse to sit on the goal line hard to break down, we got there in the end.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would have taken a point before kick off.

Disappointed to only take a point in the end, but it keeps us ahead of [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] 's tracker, so a decent point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here