Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1983 Cup Final Reunion dinner tonight at the Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The intention was to invite the whole squad for the run, so Perry Digweed, Wardie and Andy Ritchie were also missing.

I‘d forgotten that Andy Ritchie played against Norwich in the quarter final.

Could he have made a difference in the final?

We will never know 🤷‍♂️
Could always replay it now l suppose . . . plenty of medical help would need to be on hand though.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Really enjoyed the evening and great to see all the old faces.

Would have liked some more eighties music after a few beers.

Great to see Tony Bloom say we will win something on next few years, shows the ambition and mindset of him and the leadership of our wonderful club.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Really enjoyed the evening and great to see all the old faces.

Would have liked some more eighties music after a few beers.

Great to see Tony Bloom say we will win something on next few years, shows the ambition and mindset of him and the leadership of our wonderful club.
Good to see you old boy 👍

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Any white shoes in attendance for old times sake???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's being replayed on Wednesday. Same menu except carrots have have to be replaced by leeks.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Didn’t go too mad with the camera, just a couple of crowd shots. Grease came over for a chat with us as one of our group is also called Gary Stevens. All the players were enjoying the attention and posing. For photos, chatting with everyone who wanted to, all in all a great evening and over £50K raised for AITC.

RR earned his money, he is a good host. Harty did remarkably well with the auction. A grand for a signed away shirt, more than that for a signed FA Cup final ball. Highlight was an auction of a 1966 WC winners montage print signed by the players. Tony Bloom had clearly decided he wanted it for his office, but some bloke went toe to toe with him in the bidding, suffice to say he pulled out at £4500.

A few of the players went on the stage for interviews, some were great, others a bit awkward, but it was wonderful to see so many of them there and I believe most will be at the game on Sunday too.
Another interesting item in the auction was a 2022 World Cup final programme, signed by Alexis - sold for £3k!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No unfortunately Jimmy was unavailable there’s was talk he was donating his white shoes for auction but nothing materialised.
At least one of the players was walking around with his white shoes (in his hand) from the final.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why couldn't Ryan and Case be there? Hopefully not for health reasons.

And as an aside, was this a public event? Or a private invitation-only function?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Why couldn't Ryan and Case be there? Hopefully not for health reasons.

And as an aside, was this a public event? Or a private invitation-only function?
Gerry isn't in the best of health as a rsult of a stroke some years ago, Jimmy is himself thankfully in rude health but was in Liverpool working on the Villa game.

I believe the event was advertised both on line and in the club programme but sold out fairly quickly.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gerry isn't in the best of health as a rsult of a stroke some years ago, Jimmy is himself thankfully in rude health but was in Liverpool working on the Villa game.

I believe the event was advertised both on line and in the club programme but sold out fairly quickly.
Ok, thank you for the reply. I knew about Ryan's stroke but I had hoped he'd recovered, certainly enough to attend a dinner.

I missed the adverts, but that's my fault. Pity, as I'd have liked to have attended.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ok, thank you for the reply. I knew about Ryan's stroke but I had hoped he'd recovered, certainly enough to attend a dinner.

I missed the adverts, but that's my fault. Pity, as I'd have liked to have attended.
Watch this space old boy, there‘s talk of an annual ex players lunch or dinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here