Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 WSL Platinum Season Ticket(s) available...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Platinum is £1872pa average over the 5 year term (there’s a contractual price increase each year baked into the contract); platinum+ is £2370pa average.

Both prices incl VAT @ 20%, which is recoverable if the member is a VAT-registered business, not if they’re not.
VAT, it’s more complicated than that.

https://adaptiveaccountancy.co.uk/2020/07/17/can-i-put-football-season-tickets-through-the-business/
https://www.taxationweb.co.uk/tax-articles/vat-a-excise-duties/vat-case-round-up-2312.html
https://www.cronertaxwise.com/commu...ut-tax-incurred-on-tickets-for-a-rugby-match/

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Do we? I haven’t seen that. Could you provide a link/sauce pls? Thx!
Apologies this only officially applies to 5 year/life time memberships which were changed in 2015 to exclude European matches. This was challenged as the the seats were originally sold on the basis of including all matches and it was legally questionable whether the club could do this. This had followed the rugby world cup issue when 1901s did not get the chance to buy their seats despite being told (and the originals of the club power point presentations supported this) that the seats would enable priority purchase of all events football, sporting or otherwise.

The challenge culminated in a meeting with PB where it became apparent that the starting problem was that the original 1901 presentations had promised things that were legally not possible. Eg, the club had no control over rugby ticket allocations so it was impossible for them to get an allocation for 1901s. In fairness, in the very heady days of the Amex being built I think there was a little bit of naivety and excessive enthusiasm at the club, rather than any attempt to deliberately 'over sell' what they couldn't deliver. After the previous 12+ years, I am sure club and fans were collectively guilty of this from time to time and who can blame anyone for it?!

The same principal applied to the original inclusion of European tickets in that Uefa have considerable control over how and to whom tickets are sold and this can include hospitality areas and the cost and type of packages offered. As a consequence the club had no choice but to exclude European matches from the 1901 offer.

Looking back, this was in the early day's of PB's tenure and this would have no doubt been many aspects, small and large, of how the club was set up that needed reviewing and correcting. The 1901 offer was clearly one.

The concern from the group of 1901s (all long term fans) that raised the challenge was not so much that we would have to pay for a euro ticket (how could one begrudge that if the club were doing that well!?) but that with the change they might not get a ticket at all as a result of not getting the option or by being priced out due to exorbitant hospitality packages in the lounge and non availability in the stands.

Discussions led to a mutual understanding and a letter from PB sits on file with certain reassurances. The key points are as follows (cut and pasted from the letter)

you have rights to your seat and lounge for all 1st team league and domestic cup matches (we call these the "relevant events")

- we have not included a guarantee of access to your own seat for friendly or testimonial matches or for European competitions (should we be lucky enough to qualify to play in one)

- for friendly and testimonial matches, you are however guaranteed the right to purchase a ticket (for each seat you hold) in an area of the stadium that we choose to open for such a game

- for any European matches, all 1901 members will be given priority rights to purchase a ticket (for each seat you hold) for all home games, subject to availability; where possible, and subject to UEFA requirements, this will be your regular seat

- wherever possible, we will also provide 1901 members with a priority option to buy tickets for any other event we may stage at the Amex, subject to the club having access to tickets to allow this to happen – and, of course, to availability

Nearly 8 years on from the date of this letter, I think it is fair to say that the trust between fans and the club is extremely solid and well founded and I cant imagine it will ever be necessary to produce this letter but its there for reference if needed. The original issue was only relevant to the rolling 5 year agreements (because annual agreements can of course be changed annually if the club so wish). However, I think its a reasonable assumption that the club will want to teat all 1901s in the same way .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apologies this only officially applies to 5 year/life time memberships which were changed in 2015 to exclude European matches. This was challenged as the the seats were originally sold on the basis of including all matches and it was legally questionable whether the club could do this. This had followed the rugby world cup issue when 1901s did not get the chance to buy their seats despite being told (and the originals of the club power point presentations supported this) that the seats would enable priority purchase of all events football, sporting or otherwise.

The challenge culminated in a meeting with PB where it became apparent that the starting problem was that the original 1901 presentations had promised things that were legally not possible. Eg, the club had no control over rugby ticket allocations so it was impossible for them to get an allocation for 1901s. In fairness, in the very heady days of the Amex being built I think there was a little bit of naivety and excessive enthusiasm at the club, rather than any attempt to deliberately 'over sell' what they couldn't deliver. After the previous 12+ years, I am sure club and fans were collectively guilty of this from time to time and who can blame anyone for it?!

The same principal applied to the original inclusion of European tickets in that Uefa have considerable control over how and to whom tickets are sold and this can include hospitality areas and the cost and type of packages offered. As a consequence the club had no choice but to exclude European matches from the 1901 offer.

Looking back, this was in the early day's of PB's tenure and this would have no doubt been many aspects, small and large, of how the club was set up that needed reviewing and correcting. The 1901 offer was clearly one.

The concern from the group of 1901s (all long term fans) that raised the challenge was not so much that we would have to pay for a euro ticket (how could one begrudge that if the club were doing that well!?) but that with the change they might not get a ticket at all as a result of not getting the option or by being priced out due to exorbitant hospitality packages in the lounge and non availability in the stands.

Discussions led to a mutual understanding and a letter from PB sits on file with certain reassurances. The key points are as follows (cut and pasted from the letter)

you have rights to your seat and lounge for all 1st team league and domestic cup matches (we call these the "relevant events")

- we have not included a guarantee of access to your own seat for friendly or testimonial matches or for European competitions (should we be lucky enough to qualify to play in one)

- for friendly and testimonial matches, you are however guaranteed the right to purchase a ticket (for each seat you hold) in an area of the stadium that we choose to open for such a game

- for any European matches, all 1901 members will be given priority rights to purchase a ticket (for each seat you hold) for all home games, subject to availability; where possible, and subject to UEFA requirements, this will be your regular seat

- wherever possible, we will also provide 1901 members with a priority option to buy tickets for any other event we may stage at the Amex, subject to the club having access to tickets to allow this to happen – and, of course, to availability

Nearly 8 years on from the date of this letter, I think it is fair to say that the trust between fans and the club is extremely solid and well founded and I cant imagine it will ever be necessary to produce this letter but its there for reference if needed. The original issue was only relevant to the rolling 5 year agreements (because annual agreements can of course be changed annually if the club so wish). However, I think it’s a reasonable assumption that the club will want to teat all 1901s in the same way .
I recall quite a few promises were made during the first Amex pick your seats presentations, for example, a unified signing section 🤔😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here