Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 14/15 DAYS TO GO

mike1901

May 12, 2017
14/15 days to go , still not enough players in. Believe we need at least three more with the potential of quite a few more games. I know it’s difficult, but feel we must try and keep RDZ happy. Unfortunately with Chelsea trying to buy absolutely everyone it makes it a lot harder. 50% of the players they buy will probably never even make the bench.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I’d say we need another right back, left back, defensive midfielder and striker but can’t see anyway we’d sign all of those before the window closes.
I'd be happy with just a left back and defensive midfielder. If we get those two sorted then we've had a pretty successful window, all things considered.

Right back - happy with Veltman, Milner, Lamptey with cover from Gross, so only if an exceptional player turns up.

Striker - think we're ok with Welbeck, Ferguson and João Pedro, and Enciso if needed. An extra one would be useful for rotation, but it'll be hard to find someone with the required quality while keeping the other options happy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
14/15 days to go , still not enough players in. Believe we need at least three more with the potential of quite a few more games. I know it’s difficult, but feel we must try and keep RDZ happy. Unfortunately with Chelsea trying to buy absolutely everyone it makes it a lot harder. 50% of the players they buy will probably never even make the bench.
Well at least it's not as bad as this time last season, when we had sold our POTS to Chelsea for outrageous amounts of money, with no replacement. Bissouma had gone to Spurs and we were left with a midfield of a young Argentinian who had made a couple of appearances for his country and a kid who had made 8 appearances for us, 3 off the bench and only two of which he made 90 minutes.

Now that was the right time to PANIC :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When the window has slammed shut, how many weeks until one of the top six sack their manager and then approach DeZerbi? Maybe the transfer window should apply to players and coaching staff.
I might be wrong although I don’t think its in the man’s DNA to do a Potter. He says he’s not driven financially and wouldn’t get much pleasure coaching a team who can just buy top players.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When the window has slammed shut, how many weeks until one of the top six sack their manager and then approach DeZerbi? Maybe the transfer window should apply to players and coaching staff.
Famous last words but I actually think the big 6 look more settled managerially than they have for a while.

City won’t sack Pep
Arteta seems safe enough
Can see Chelsea giving Poch a while at least
Klopp is probably the most bulletproof manager in England since Ferguson retired
Ten Haag is doing OK enough and the rest of the club seems in more turmoil
Ange won’t be sacked now Kane has gone else it looks like a bad club move

The threat comes from abroad IMHO

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Off to Man City at the end of the season is still my hunch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, there is zero chance of signing anyone today........

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So do we have a single list of the players we are after against the players we need?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here