Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 13 years ago today

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
0-0 away at MK Done

debut for Lewis Dunk.

I have posted this on the thread on legend status but felt it justified its own thread.

13 years.
Was that when the dodgy striker we'd bought got dogs abuse? You're not fit to wear the shirt etc. Or is my memory getting confused again? There used to be a guy who took two todllers to away games in a pram who was there - those kids are probably going on their own to games now. Madness how time flies.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Was that when the dodgy striker we'd bought got dogs abuse? You're not fit to wear the shirt etc. Or is my memory getting confused again? There used to be a guy who took two todllers to away games in a pram who was there - those kids are probably going on their own to games now. Madness how time flies.
Colin Holroyd?

didn't do much

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Think that was Craig davies during the 2009/10 season, he definitely got that sort of abuse at an MK Dons away game.

It felt like a case of his trying too hard and snatching at chances, because he was desparate to score however he struggled and parts of the support turned on him, putting more pressure on, eventually it was probably best for everyone he moved on. He did well for a couple of seasons at his new clubs after us

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was this the season before the promotion one? When Poyet had saved us from relegation and it was a dead rubber?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Was also there. Drove so had an alleged coffee
Think that was Craig davies during the 2009/10 season, he definitely got that sort of abuse at an MK Dons away game.

It felt like a case of his trying too hard and snatching at chances, because he was desparate to score however he struggled and parts of the support turned on him, putting more pressure on, eventually it was probably best for everyone he moved on. He did well for a couple of seasons at his new clubs after us
What struck me about Craig Davies, compared to our long line of really shit strikers in that era (Dixon/Holroyd/O’Grady et al) is that he couldn’t run.

He wasn’t lazy, he did his best. But he actually couldn’t run.

I remember in that very game seeing him sprint after a loose ball towards their corner flag. He had a head start and was overtaken by two defenders and the linesman.

Probably the slowest footballer I’ve seen play for the Albion at that level.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Was that the special offer day where tickets were plentiful and cheap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here