Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 13 European destinations refusing to accept certain batches of the vaccine. Which are are?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really quite shocked how 14 nations have managed to exercise sovereignty, how is that possible?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Both my wife and I had our second jab from these batches. At no time were we told the vaccine was from Indian, although if we had been told we probably wouldn't have objected given at that time there was no information on acceptance. But trying to find information on acceptance or otherwise is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However on 2nd July Boris Johnson said "I see no reason at all why the MHRA-approved vaccines should not be recognised as part of the vaccine passports and I'm very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,"

As usual his confidence was misplaced and since then, silence and no detail on talks to get this issue resolved. So 5m people in limbo and effectively barred from leaving the UK.

It’s nowhere near that dramatic - how many of the 5m want to travel - soon - to the few countries that aren’t accepting it ? Loads of countries have already confirmed they’ll accept it. At the time there was no reason to believe it wouldn’t be ok - it’s the same vaccine as administered under other batch numbers.

There are LOADS of published articles on which countries are accepting/not accepting it. Hardly a needle in a haystack.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Both my wife and I had our second jab from these batches. At no time were we told the vaccine was from Indian, although if we had been told we probably wouldn't have objected given at that time there was no information on acceptance. But trying to find information on acceptance or otherwise is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

However on 2nd July Boris Johnson said "I see no reason at all why the MHRA-approved vaccines should not be recognised as part of the vaccine passports and I'm very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,"

As usual his confidence was misplaced and since then, silence and no detail on talks to get this issue resolved. So 5m people in limbo and effectively barred from leaving the UK.

I think every time Boris has shown confidence in certain foreign government's ability to be sensible and ratinal, he is risking a bit of his reputation. As some countries (particualrly in the EU) have shown, given the option of being sensdile and rational, or else sticking one to the UK, they choose the latter - at least some of the time.

These politicians can perfectly well see that allowing people vaccinated with a certain batch to enter the country is an entirely different matter from allowing that batch to be used on their own people. To tell people that they can't come in because theiur vaccine hasn't been tested and we don't klnow if it works - that would be fair enough. To tell people that they can't come because their vaccine works perfectly well but they haven't got approval to remove it from their own bodies and stick it into someone else's - that's offensive rubbish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think every time Boris has shown confidence in certain foreign government's ability to be sensible and ratinal, he is risking a bit of his reputation. As some countries (particualrly in the EU) have shown, given the option of being sensdile and rational, or else sticking one to the UK, they choose the latter - at least some of the time.

These politicians can perfectly well see that allowing people vaccinated with a certain batch to enter the country is an entirely different matter from allowing that batch to be used on their own people. To tell people that they can't come in because theiur vaccine hasn't been tested and we don't klnow if it works - that would be fair enough. To tell people that they can't come because their vaccine works perfectly well but they haven't got approval to remove it from their own bodies and stick it into someone else's - that's offensive rubbish.

Vaccines in the EU are approved by the EMA, European Medicine Agency. This was based in London from 1995 until 2019, and only left because of us leaving the EU. Politicians’wanting to stick it to us’ is nonsense.

Astra. Zeneca (notice how the Oxford bit has now been forgotten) couldn’t keep up with production, so outsourced production to India, but without informing those accepting the vaccine here.

Countries are now making their own decisions as to whether those batches are acceptable. These countries have accepted it.

Austria Belgium Bulgaria Finland France Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Latvia The Netherlands Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should all be sorted with the winter 3rd dose booster program anyway ? ???

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Vaccines in the EU are approved by the EMA, European Medicine Agency. This was based in London from 1995 until 2019, and only left because of us leaving the EU. Politicians’wanting to stick it to us’ is nonsense.

Astra. Zeneca (notice how the Oxford bit has now been forgotten) couldn’t keep up with production, so outsourced production to India, but without informing those accepting the vaccine here.

Countries are now making their own decisions as to whether those batches are acceptable. These countries have accepted it.

Austria Belgium Bulgaria Finland France Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Latvia The Netherlands Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland
I think you're confusing two issues here. None of those countries have decreed that this particular batch of vaccine can be used to inoculate their own people. AstraZeneca didn't bother applying for a licence for the Indian batches because they had no intention of using them in the EU.

The question now isn't whether these vaccines should be used in the EU. The question now is whether someone who has received these particular vaccines in the UK should be treated in the same way as someone who had a different batch, or whether they should be treated as someone who has had no vaccine at all. And as far as I can see, there is no medical reason for saying that someone vaccinated with the Indian batch is not vaccinated - I know Brighton aren't proposing to send people away if they have had the "wrong" batch - it's purely a political and/or bureaucratic decision.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you're confusing two issues here. None of those countries have decreed that this particular batch of vaccine can be used to inoculate their own people. AstraZeneca didn't bother applying for a licence for the Indian batches because they had no intention of using them in the EU.

The question now isn't whether these vaccines should be used in the EU. The question now is whether someone who has received these particular vaccines in the UK should be treated in the same way as someone who had a different batch, or whether they should be treated as someone who has had no vaccine at all. And as far as I can see, there is no medical reason for saying that someone vaccinated with the Indian batch is not vaccinated - I know Brighton aren't proposing to send people away if they have had the "wrong" batch - it's purely a political and/or bureaucratic decision.

I’m not confusing two issues. France has recently said they will accept a Covid passport for someone who’s had the Covishield vaccine (AZ Indian made) as have 15 other countries. I know because we want to go, & my husband had that batch,
It’s nothing to do with vaccinating their own population but everything to do with allowing visitors who are ‘properly’ double vaccinated.
People who aren’t fully vaccinated can still visit but have to take a PCR test 48 hours beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here