11,000 miles back home for a funeral & Huddersfield?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
So, for the past 10 years various members of my family have all migrated to and now live here in Southern California. Including my parents who moved from the Seaford area after 45 years to be near mine and my brothers family. We were all born and raised in Sussex and our dad took us to the Goldstone as boys, carrying stools and scarfs as we did.

Amongst many hard choices my parents made to be move here full time was to give up having close family on the doorstep, friends and his Albion ticket at Withdean. My dad and I both came back for the Opening game at the Amex, he in the East Stand and me in the West, and on the rare visits that we make it home, seeing a home game is always high priority.

My dad is one of three siblings, he is the youngest at 75, his brother who lives in Saltdean is 80 and his sister, who sadly passed this week, was 85 also living in Sussex. Understandably we are all heading home next week for the sad process that is the funeral. One of the things I would like to do is take my dad, his brother and a few other members of the family to the Huddersfield game on the 2nd March, a kind of a bonding exercise for them.

The Albion has been a part of all areas of our family for many years...even this week when my dad was on the phone with his brother immediately after the passing of their sister, at 2.00am in the morning English time, through tears and heavy hearts, he and my dad were briefly talked about the Cardiff game which they had both listened to on respective continents.

My open question to all is what or if or how should I go about getting tickets, I have looked hard and long on the online option on the Seagulls web site and they are showing random seats in a few areas, for those that have used the online system, is that it for availability, or are there other avenues to follow. We will not be back until Thursday/Friday of next week, and I plan on spending some hours on the phone over the weekend, but I thought I would tap in to the NSC minds to see if any one has any ideas/thoughts or experiences.

Thanks in advance people. Anything would be appreciated..

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
So, for the past 10 years various members of my family have all migrated to and now live here in Southern California. Including my parents who moved from the Seaford area after 45 years to be near mine and my brothers family. We were all born and raised in Sussex and our dad took us to the Goldstone as boys, carrying stools and scarfs as we did.

Amongst many hard choices my parents made to be move here full time was to give up having close family on the doorstep, friends and his Albion ticket at Withdean. My dad and I both came back for the Opening game at the Amex, he in the East Stand and me in the West, and on the rare visits that we make it home, seeing a home game is always high priority.

My dad is one of three siblings, he is the youngest at 75, his brother who lives in Saltdean is 80 and his sister, who sadly passed this week, was 85 also living in Sussex. Understandably we are all heading home next week for the sad process that is the funeral. One of the things I would like to do is take my dad, his brother and a few other members of the family to the Huddersfield game on the 2nd March, a kind of a bonding exercise for them.

The Albion has been a part of all areas of our family for many years...even this week when my dad was on the phone with his brother immediately after the passing of their sister, at 2.00am in the morning English time, through tears and heavy hearts, he and my dad were briefly talked about the Cardiff game which they had both listened to on respective continents.

My open question to all is what or if or how should I go about getting tickets, I have looked hard and long on the online option on the Seagulls web site and they are showing random seats in a few areas, for those that have used the online system, is that it for availability, or are there other avenues to follow. We will not be back until Thursday/Friday of next week, and I plan on spending some hours on the phone over the weekend, but I thought I would tap in to the NSC minds to see if any one has any ideas/thoughts or experiences.

Thanks in advance people. Anything would be appreciated..

Im unable to go to the Huddersfield game due to work. I know it's only one seat in the east upper but you are welcome to it free of charge if you would like it. Pm me if you're interested. RICHARD

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You could always call the ticket office and explain your situation. They have always been helpful in my experience. Good luck with it.
Where do you live in California? It's a great State.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd ring the club and explain the situation, they always keep some (maybe groups of) seats back for this kind of thing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As areas of the North stand will be opening for the first time for the Huddersfield game, i think you will get tickets quite easily together.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The club are in the process of opening new blocks of seating in the the NW and NE corners, as others have said, give them a ring and see if you could book a section for your family - it would play well with their PR department if nothing else.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are only a few single seats showing online. The ticket office might be able to help if you explain the situation and get you 3 seats together but be wary of them trying to sell you East Stand tickets which are more expensive than in the South Stand. Make sure you have got the account numbers for yourself , dad and uncle. The tickets can be paid for over the phone and then picked up on the day of the match if they cannot be posted out. The club often release batches of seats during the week before the game once they know what the away following will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports