Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 100's of geese

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
...are arriving daily in the field outside my house. They look like Grey Geese, Barnacle Geese and Canada Geese. Fabulous spectacle, honking away, flying around in Red Arrow type Flying V formations. Earlier in the year, it was lovely to watch the deer and other wildlife. Such a shame the local council is conniving with the farm owner to try and build houses on the field and overcome the water neutrality law. Yes, that's you Henfield and Horsham. Maybe Henfield does need more houses, but building on farmland that feeds people and supports the natural environment doesn't sit well with me. Other sites are available.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have geese on the lake behind us. You can literaly set your clock to them at 5:00 in the evening they'd all fly off in a circle, make a lot of noise, and then settle back down again. Only ever done this once a day.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Most will be infected with Avian Flu - bringing our poultry industry to its knees. I would get your Christmas Turkeys in early this year cos there is going to be a shortage this year. Here in Norfolk they are slaughtering hundreds of thousands of infected farmed birds.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
:needpics:

Love a picture of a beautiful bird. :moo:

goose.jpg

:moo:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Most will be infected with Avian Flu - bringing our poultry industry to its knees. I would get your Christmas Turkeys in early this year cos there is going to be a shortage this year. Here in Norfolk they are slaughtering hundreds of thousands of infected farmed birds.

I was just thinking, it had been a while since I'd heard any bad news

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So the 100s belong to the geese?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh dearie, first it was the bulk buying of toilet rolls . . . now? :facepalm:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here they are, the beauties.
[video]https://photos.app.goo.gl/FzF1TiJzcbBd2XsU7[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here