Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1000 English Fans Travel To Every Dortmund Home Game...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I remember seeing a bunch of Scandinavians (complete with horned helmets) at an Exeter v Brighton match in the mid-90s. I have no idea what possessed them to come down to see Exeter - maybe they got their St James's Parks mixed up.

And didn't we have a big block of Dutch supporters at the Amex for a game? I remember them taking their shirts off in the depths of winter

They were friends of mine, they were all Sparta Rotterdam fans. They came to two games that season, both against Oldham. I also went out to Rotterdam for their derby against Excelsior.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Reminds me of a story a few years back about a bunch of fellas from the Dover area - I think they were Chelsea fans. Anyway, they got so fed up with the cost of travel & tickets, that they started to go over each weekend to France instead to follow AC Calais !

Seemed like a good laugh, might pop over myself one weekend.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
roughly how much would it cost to get to a dortmund game from England? ie going for the weekend (1 or 2 nights) staying in a hostel. Always wanted to do it but thought it would cost a fair whack. I'd be illegible for student deals if there are any

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Also reminds me a bit of the FC United of Manchester thing - trying to recapture all the fun and excitement from the golden era of being a football supporter. People miss the authenticity of the old days, the noise, the spontaneity, and in a positive sense, the anarchy of it all.

Also reminds me a bit of the FC United of Manchester thing - trying to recapture all the fun and excitement from the golden era of being a football supporter. People miss the authenticity of the old days, the noise, the spontaneity, and in a positive sense, the anarchy of it all.

Not sure the Dortmund model is anything like the golden era of football,its not very spontaneous at all,nothing like the 60's 70' 80's british football atmosphere is it?

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Well, being Germans, obviously they aren't spontaneous - they're a well-drilled, highly trained, ruthlessly efficient Fussballanhaengerabteilung ! The FCUM guys do seem like a nostalgic echo of the 70's, without the aggro bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here