Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 100 Years Of FA Cup Finals At Wembley

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This year will be 100 years since Wembley Stadium first opened and hosted the FA Cup final. An estimated 300,000 fans turned up to the 125,000 capacity stadium. No arrests were made, but 6 fans were ejected for taking in bootle tops and a flask.

I am surpised the FA has not made more publicity of this 100 year milestone. Would be great to see a white horse going around the perimeter of the pitch before this years cup final.

White_Horse_Final1923.jpg

Whitehorsefinal.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This year will be 100 years since Wembley Stadium first opened and hosted the FA Cup final. An estimated 300,000 fans turned up to the 125,000 capacity stadium. No arrests were made, but 6 fans were ejected for taking in bootle tops and a flask.

I am surpised the FA has not made more publicity of this 100 year milestone. Would be great to see a white horse going around the perimeter of the pitch before this years cup final.

View attachment 157831
View attachment 157830
Didn’t realise that the dreadful England band were there that long ago as seen behind the horse.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I said on another thread they should make the final pay on the day in homage to the one in 1923.

el punal

View attachment 157831
View attachment 157830
Top photo : Everyone in the West Upper trying to get out as some dirty sod just dropped an evil one.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
How many finals have actually been played there though? Cardiff hosted a couple and some must have been postponed over the years due to the two world wars I'd have thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here