Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 years ago...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Totally forgot about that! I thought you meant you were in the away fans.

They may have given them the East Stand to allow them to have more tickets, we had to do the same for the game against FC United of Manchester. Think you have to give the away side 15% of the capacity if they can sell it.

I assume we sold out against Portsmouth, hence why the West Stand was open. Was there any ‘atmosphere’ over there? Were you all standing? I really can’t remember!
That sounds about right. Definitely remember being stood, and I’m pretty sure 95% of chants sung by our stand that day were related to being in said stand. The other 5% being waving off Dave Kitson after El-Abd got him sent off in his usual WUM-fashion!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
That sounds about right. Definitely remember being stood, and I’m pretty sure 95% of chants sung by our stand that day were related to being in said stand. The other 5% being waving off Dave Kitson after El-Abd got him sent off in his usual WUM-fashion!

Did someone bring out a massive confederate flag? Why do I remember that!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

That was the one where Pompey expected a goal kick hoof into their half but El-Abd had the ball rolled out to him. He then stopped dead, put his foot on the ball, and gave it the all knowing "we are winning, and I could stand here all day running the clock down. You're going to have to come to me" beckoning fingers.

It was like red rag to a bull, with Kitson moving into rage mode and charging at Adam and lunging in. Straight red. Oh how we laughed...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here