Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 1,428 at Whitehawk tonight

On course for promotion in their play off final! Hope they hold on these last 20

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Famous Hawks song now amended

'We are never, ever, ever, going back to Bognor'

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Shame that many don’t turn out week by week to support them, they’d be in a far better place with 1000+ every week.
I think as EPL match day and associated costs rise there will be a further migration to local non league football.

Be interesting to see what Worthing get this afternoon, I reckon around 1200/1300 and then Tues/Wed for their home Play off, approaching 2,000.

Amazing when you think just under 10 years ago they were days away from resigning from the Isthmian league, mid season, and with the plan that the ‘Phoenix’ club would join County League Div 2 the following August. (The average gate at Woodside back then was around the 300/350 mark)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
If you search up "Whitehawk FC" on Google, some fireworks will appear on your screen.

A nice touch there, to celebrate Whitehawk's promotion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think as EPL match day and associated costs rise there will be a further migration to local non league football.

Be interesting to see what Worthing get this afternoon, I reckon around 1200/1300 and then Tues/Wed for their home Play off, approaching 2,000.

Amazing when you think just under 10 years ago they were days away from resigning from the Isthmian league, mid season, and with the plan that the ‘Phoenix’ club would join County League Div 2 the following August. (The average gate at Woodside back then was around the 300/350 mark)
1600+ in the end today, reckon it’ll be a bumper crowd on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

A far cry from a boggy pitch in the Isthmian second division or whatever it was called with gristle burgers and the stench of overflowing bogs.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If you search up "Whitehawk FC" on Google, some fireworks will appear on your screen.

A nice touch there, to celebrate Whitehawk's promotion.
Just checked - nice!
But then searched Plymouth Argyle FC and Ipswich Town FC and no fireworks.. how did Whitehawk manage that of all clubs!? 😅

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
1600+ in the end today, reckon it’ll be a bumper crowd on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

A far cry from a boggy pitch in the Isthmian second division or whatever it was called with gristle burgers and the stench of overflowing bogs.
On one occasion, when the plumber hadn’t been paid, I had to unblock those said bogs. 😂

My first holiday in Spain beckons with my Grandson* but I will be watching on line on Wednesday 👍

( His Great Uncle John will be in the dugout❤️)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here