Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should milk shake attacks be classed as common assault?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He left the EDL because he couldn't control the actual far right tossers that were taking it over. The far right hate TR and see him as a traitor, people that call him a Nazi have only jumped on the media band wagon against him.
I think ALL religions should be subject to scrutiny when innocent people die in their name

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

They should, I agree, but that doesn't legitimise the rhetoric of TR, and just because the likes of the EDL see him as a traitor, doesn't make his views anymore palatable. He does what Nick Griffin tried to do normalising their views by keeping it just under a line. Griffin of course got found out, as TR often does. A wolf trying to be a sheep is still a wolf.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It really does matter whether he is a right wing extremist or not when he isn't.

He does not lead a far right organisation but anyone who is critical of Islam is called a far right racist Nazi. The "REAL" Far Right is but a handful of unorganised people, not an army. If you want to include people who are critical of Islam as far right, then there are millions including the ex Muslim Islampaphobes.

Yes being critical of Islam may attract the "REAL" Far Right, but if you say that they are responsive to him he has never called for violence and he even condemns violence. So in that respect he is a good influence on the "REAL" Far Right.

The government have tried to make him a poster boy for far right extremism but then this takes the focus off the real extremist criminals and the destruction they have caused in this world with the devastating repercussions that we are paying for.

Yes Blair and Cameron the leaders of our country are the far right extremists and the real reason for the Islamic hate of the west not Tommy Robinson. He is a symptom of our leaders bad behaviour and instead of holding the real thugs accountable it is easier to blame Robinson and make out that the Middle East and the tensions in the UK are all his fault.

So I respectfully completely disagree with you.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I've often wondered whether there can ever be a forum for properly working out issues of immigration, multi culturalism, integration and so on, because every time a group is developed which wants to deal with this serious issue it becomes a magnet for extremists. There are a lot of people who are motivated by Islamophobia, or racism, or white supremacy, or blanket anti-immigrant rhetoric, and they always attach themselves to these groups. So for Tommy Robinson and his ilk to be considered in any serious sense they have to be able to rid themselves of this association - which is probably impossible. For one thing they only achieve the notoriety to get in the public eye by having large crowds and popularity, and the people who come to these kinds of rally will tend to be on the extreme spectrum.

The government is failing on managing immigration, on managing integration, on maintaining positive multiculturalism, leaving a vacuum filled with some nasty rhetoric. I don't believe the solution is brexit, or tests of 'britishness', or banning symbols, its surely more societal and nuanced, but it does need addressing. Unfortunately everything is viewed through the prism of brexit right now, which i believe will only make this worse.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
They should, I agree, but that doesn't legitimise the rhetoric of TR, and just because the likes of the EDL see him as a traitor, doesn't make his views anymore palatable. He does what Nick Griffin tried to do normalising their views by keeping it just under a line. Griffin of course got found out, as TR often does. A wolf trying to be a sheep is still a wolf.

Very amusing , rather than being " found out " though the fullness of time has proven the Nick Griffin was speaking the truth .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-as-race-hate-prosecution-fails-6109957.html

Griffin alleging that white girls are groomed for sex by Muslim men:

"Their good book tells them that that's acceptable."

Verdict: none reached

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the problem we are experiencing currently is that right wing racists like Farage and Thomas Yaxley Whatsischops were, not five years ago, quite rightly seen as laughable scum, deserving of a shake in the boat.
Since the referendum the ridiculous views of the bigoted right wing have somehow been legitimised and so clowns like Ppf now see it as their right to be taken seriously. The referendum emboldened these idiots.
I mean seriously? Farage’s views and persona are a ****ing joke and the newly emboldened racists don’t like it that sensible people still see them as shameful and embarrassing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very amusing , rather than being " found out " though the fullness of time has proven the Nick Griffin was speaking the truth .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-as-race-hate-prosecution-fails-6109957.html

Griffin alleging that white girls are groomed for sex by Muslim men:

"Their good book tells them that that's acceptable."

Verdict: none reached

Oh okay, so he’s allowed to be a racist scumbag because he got that right (after being told it by a Guardian journalist).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It really does matter whether he is a right wing extremist or not when he isn't.

He does not lead a far right organisation but anyone who is critical of Islam is called a far right racist Nazi. The "REAL" Far Right is but a handful of unorganised people, not an army. If you want to include people who are critical of Islam as far right, then there are millions including the ex Muslim Islampaphobes.

Yes being critical of Islam may attract the "REAL" Far Right, but if you say that they are responsive to him he has never called for violence and he even condemns violence. So in that respect he is a good influence on the "REAL" Far Right.

The government have tried to make him a poster boy for far right extremism but then this takes the focus off the real extremist criminals and the destruction they have caused in this world with the devastating repercussions that we are paying for.

Yes Blair and Cameron the leaders of our country are the far right extremists and the real reason for the Islamic hate of the west not Tommy Robinson. He is a symptom of our leaders bad behaviour and instead of holding the real thugs accountable it is easier to blame Robinson and make out that the Middle East and the tensions in the UK are all his fault.

So I respectfully completely disagree with you.

Why hasn't he been to trials of Catholic priests, teachers and people who worked in care who were also guilty of grooming and child abuse. Why is he solely calling out Muslim communities, when he wasn't the one who exposed the dreadful scandal but latched onto to it for his agenda.

Why did he stand up for his fellow EDL members who were also found out to be guilty of grooming underage teenage girls?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But you have also said "You reap what you so" And I can only see one wrong and am desperately looking for the other one anyway.

If you look around the whole place and can’t see the wrong un.....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION]

This is an interesting one for you. The grey haired fella represents the typical mentality of the anti Robinson brigade. Just parroting the memes.

Avi Yemini is a good channel to watch.

https://youtu.be/XCpgpjeyK1Y
I've watched plenty of his videos, pretty much all of them are of him embarrassing TR haters that just believe everything the media tells them

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When does the bloke with the apricot shirt get arrested? Video sound NSFW

[tweet]1131066941236498434[/tweet]

https://www.theredroar.com/2019/05/unmasked-brexit-rally-thug-is-alt-right-lecturer/

How interesting. The bloke with the green trousers is a mental health lecturer, Dr Niall McCrae.

In a new video from youth campaign OFOC, McCrae can be seen abusing activist Femi Oluwole outside the Brexit Party’s rally in Kensington Olympia, repeatedly calling him a “****ing traitor” and poking a flag pole at his head.
Another man throws water over Oluwole and is later seen being congratulated by McCrae who shakes his hand. McCrae had tweeted about attending the rally.

The Red Roar has previously reported that McCrae, a lecturer in mental health at King’s College, has promoted far-right conspiracy theories in a video for the Bruges Group think tank and written for the pro-Tommy Robinson blog Politicalite.

McCrae recently condemned “the violent left” after Nigel Farage was hit by a milkshake while out campaigning.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.theredroar.com/2019/05/unmasked-brexit-rally-thug-is-alt-right-lecturer/

How interesting. The bloke with the green trousers is a mental health lecturer, Dr Niall McCrae.

In a new video from youth campaign OFOC, McCrae can be seen abusing activist Femi Oluwole outside the Brexit Party’s rally in Kensington Olympia, repeatedly calling him a “****ing traitor” and poking a flag pole at his head.
Another man throws water over Oluwole and is later seen being congratulated by McCrae who shakes his hand. McCrae had tweeted about attending the rally.

The Red Roar has previously reported that McCrae, a lecturer in mental health at King’s College, has promoted far-right conspiracy theories in a video for the Bruges Group think tank and written for the pro-Tommy Robinson blog Politicalite.

McCrae recently condemned “the violent left” after Nigel Farage was hit by a milkshake while out campaigning.

The only shocking thing about that is none of it surprised me. Britain is lost. The idiots won.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I've often wondered whether there can ever be a forum for properly working out issues of immigration, multi culturalism, integration and so on, because every time a group is developed which wants to deal with this serious issue it becomes a magnet for extremists. There are a lot of people who are motivated by Islamophobia, or racism, or white supremacy, or blanket anti-immigrant rhetoric, and they always attach themselves to these groups. So for Tommy Robinson and his ilk to be considered in any serious sense they have to be able to rid themselves of this association - which is probably impossible. For one thing they only achieve the notoriety to get in the public eye by having large crowds and popularity, and the people who come to these kinds of rally will tend to be on the extreme spectrum.

The government is failing on managing immigration, on managing integration, on maintaining positive multiculturalism, leaving a vacuum filled with some nasty rhetoric. I don't believe the solution is brexit, or tests of 'britishness', or banning symbols, its surely more societal and nuanced, but it does need addressing. Unfortunately everything is viewed through the prism of brexit right now, which i believe will only make this worse.

I'm not a fan of Brexit and I believe that it will cause much more trouble than its worth. So I am not a Brexit Robinson supporter. All Brexit had done is prove that Cameron is an idiotic fool and our government system incompetent. But the day we went and invaded Iraq against the democratic appeals against it from world leaders, was the day that democracy was exposed as only a figment of our imagination. Bombing a country to democracy just aint democratic, and we repeated the same mistake in Libya and Syria.

All Robinson is guilty of is highlighting a sensitive subject comparable to the treatment of Yazidi and other non Muslim females in Iraq and Syria, and he is the only person brave enough to speak about it because the authorities have also been negligent for their part in it. If there was someone else who was exposing the issue, then Robinson wouldn't have to.

In Islam the sexual slavery of women is permitted during the times of Jihad.

Definition of jihad. 1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline. 2 : a crusade for a principle or belief.

As you can see from the definition of Jihad; Islam is always in a state of Jihad.

I find that just because someone might dislike a character, it doesn't make the message is invalid. And to ignore a message because of a personality is more harmful than the person they dislike. The grooming gangs are being undermined as not being the reality by people who don't like Tommy.

The biggest problem is believing the labels that people choose to attach to someone and ignoring the message.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not a fan of Brexit and I believe that it will cause much more trouble than its worth. So I am not a Brexit Robinson supporter. All Brexit had done is prove that Cameron is an idiotic fool and our government system incompetent. But the day we went and invaded Iraq against the democratic appeals against it from world leaders, was the day that democracy was exposed as only a figment of our imagination. Bombing a country to democracy just aint democratic, and we repeated the same mistake in Libya and Syria.

All Robinson is guilty of is highlighting a sensitive subject comparable to the treatment of Yazidi and other non Muslim females in Iraq and Syria, and he is the only person brave enough to speak about it because the authorities have also been negligent for their part in it. If there was someone else who was exposing the issue, then Robinson wouldn't have to.

Definition of jihad. 1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline. 2 : a crusade for a principle or belief.

As you can see from the definition of Jihad; Islam is always in a state of Jihad.

I find that just because someone might dislike a character, it doesn't make the message is invalid. And to ignore a message because of a personality is more harmful than the person they dislike. The grooming gangs are being undermined as not being the reality by people who don't like Tommy.

The biggest problem is believing the labels that people choose to attach to someone and ignoring the message.

Do you think Yaxley-Lennon is the only person concerned with women in Syria, and Iraq. Amenesty International do a great job bringing that to public notice.

Until our government stops selling arms to Saudi Arabia and dealing in oil, we will never stop the abuse of women in the Middle East. Y-L is not the only one, and certainly not a hero for his 'campaigns'.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Who is “undermining” the grooming gangs? Who is denying they exist?

Two common tropes of the racist:

Victim. “I’m being ignored/undermined/silenced”

Reluctant warrior. “I’ll step back into the fray, I don’t want to but the country needs me”
“I don’t want to be up front, if others did it I wouldn’t have to”

Rubbish. They love the limelight.

Five years ago I’d have struggled to believe many people could fall for that old ruse. Now it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.
I know grooming gangs are a huge problem and I know that some gangs of paedophiles hide behind Islam.
I also dislike “Tommy Robinson” and prefer to get my information on the issue from various reputable news sources and not on right wing websites or from mobs on street corners.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's also being sued by the family of Jamal, the Syrian boy who was attacked in Huddersfield, for the lies he spread about him. The girls mother said it wasn't true, and eventually he took his video offline.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
In the majority of the press, no, anyone with half a brain knows most of the newspapers are funded propaganda. but when it's fact checked and written with links to proof, like this it makes it a little harder to ignore that these people are self interested and basically enemies of the people.

So because some writes something it's true?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why hasn't he been to trials of Catholic priests, teachers and people who worked in care who were also guilty of grooming and child abuse. Why is he solely calling out Muslim communities, when he wasn't the one who exposed the dreadful scandal but latched onto to it for his agenda.

Why did he stand up for his fellow EDL members who were also found out to be guilty of grooming underage teenage girls?

I only will answer the first question if you concede that it was not very well thought out when I give you the very obvious answer that anyone could work out for themselves? Is that a deal?

Funny that this is exactly the same question Islamic apologists use badly. Do you really need me to answer?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
But the day we went and invaded Iraq against the democratic appeals against it from world leaders, was the day that democracy was exposed as only a figment of our imagination.

Please can you explain what you mean by that?

Are you trying to say that democracy was exposed as a figment of our imagination because the appeals of democratically elected leaders of countries other than the UK were ignored by the PM? That's clearly nonsense.

Or do you mean that the popular opinion was against the Iraq war and that was ignored by our democratically elected leaders? As, at the time, that was wrong too. Here is a quote from the Yougov website: YouGov conducted 21 polls from March to December asking British people whether they thought the decision by the US and the UK to go to war was right or wrong, and on average 54% said it was right.' By the standards of Brexit that is overwhelming majority for and the will of the people musn't be ignored etc etc.

Or maybe you mean parliament was against the Iraq war? It voted 412 for and 149 against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here