Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs vs Ajax

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That was utterly disgusting. The player obviously wanted to carry on; it’s up to the medical team to make the call that he can’t. Credit to the ref for going over to talk to the medics and the player before allowing him back on - he was fuming when the player went off again 30 seconds later vomiting and staggering around.

It was downright dangerous for the medics to let him play on. The head medic involved in that decision should lose their job and be dismissed from whatever professional body s/he is a member of.

I can see your point but I expect said medic is on pretty ‘standard’ wages; imagine the pressure if the multi-millionaire I can sack you in an instant bosses want the player to carry on....
A certain medic at Chelsea springs to mind.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t care if this lot are the new Guillit, MVB and Riijkard I don’t want any of these DUTCH league players near our club!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was at the Ajax 6 - 0 VVV Venlo game in February with some Dutch mates. Me & my English mate laughed at seeing Blind & Tadic in the starting eleven. We were treated to a wonderful match with fantastic footy played, and left to contemplate a result that neither of us expected. Made a nice change from the winter of despair at the Amex.

UEFA Madrid did their best to cheat Ajax out of the last 16, Juventus put up a real fight in the quarterfinals but couldn’t handle the youth, energy, and determination in this excellent Dutch side. They have every chance of doing Spurs over tonight. The JC Arena will be a fortress next week!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can see your point but I expect said medic is on pretty ‘standard’ wages; imagine the pressure if the multi-millionaire I can sack you in an instant bosses want the player to carry on....
A certain medic at Chelsea springs to mind.

Yes - the pressure would be immense. But, their first priority - in professional terms, morally, and the Law - is to the patient. If the medic can’t resust that pressure they should be practising in a different environment. People (rarely) have died as a result of untreated concussion. No excuse.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did the cameras just pick out someone in the home end wearing a Bournemouth away shirt?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, Spurs had one shot on target, we did that too at the new WHL

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That was utterly disgusting. The player obviously wanted to carry on; it’s up to the medical team to make the call that he can’t. Credit to the ref for going over to talk to the medics and the player before allowing him back on - he was fuming when the player went off again 30 seconds later vomiting and staggering around.

It was downright dangerous for the medics to let him play on. The head medic involved in that decision should lose their job and be dismissed from whatever professional body s/he is a member of.

This was outrageous and should really be picked up on in the post match debate. What sort of medical team lets the player make the decision after a collision like that? No doubt they've just left him in dressing room with an ice pack rather than get him to hospital for a precautionary scan. Shameful!

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Yes - the pressure would be immense. But, their first priority - in professional terms, morally, and the Law - is to the patient. If the medic can’t resust that pressure they should be practising in a different environment. People (rarely) have died as a result of untreated concussion. No excuse.

Surely it is time to follow the lead from Rugy & NFL in having a mandatory head assessment in the dressing room/ medical centre, with a sub allowed on whilst this assessment takes place, assuming not all subs have been used. If after a mandatory period of time, say 10minutes, the medics deem the player to be unfit to return, the sub continues, otherwise the original player returns

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surely it is time to follow the lead from Rugy & NFL in having a mandatory head assessment in the dressing room/ medical centre, with a sub allowed on whilst this assessment takes place, assuming not all subs have been used.

In rugby, a player can be replaced for an HIA even if all subs have been used

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Spurs are very reliant on Son. He’s the only man they’ve got who can do something a bit different and get in behind. They haven’t got the squad to put out a decent attack without him and Kane. Playing the ball into Llorente would make any team look sluggish in my opinion.

It’s funny but that could have been written about us with a few substitutions.

As for Spuds I’ve often thought they were two to three injuries away from being bang average.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
PL football, in some respects, is the worst in europe' it's all about money, pace, strength and money. With oscar winning acting Andy financial rewards.

There is quality football aplenty elsewhere.

I sincerely hope Ajax tear tottingham a pair of new ones, one each half!

Well, there's still a chance of having 4 english clubs in both of the European finals next month. So its not TOO shabby to be fair.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It might have been one of the old Spurs kits. I think they used to have the kit Sponsor that Bournemouth have now

That would make a lot more sense! My knowledge of Spurs sponsors is rather limited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here