Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Cardiff win their last two games?

Will Cardiff win both their remaining games?

• Yes, yes they will

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • No, no they won't

Votes: 415 90.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not a single person suggesting that just maybe we might WIN against Manchester City? If Cardiff don’t beat Palace, is there just a chance that we might play with confidence against a City team who may have to win?

Interesting one. I think they might try but then revert to type once City take command.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that they will get beat by Man Utd at Old Trafford which could be immaterial as I think that they have to attack Palace at home which will give Zaha and Townsend the space to counter at speed which Cardiff defence doesnt have, so expect Palace to at least get a draw at Cardiff.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I also think that they will fail to beat Palace who are a very good side away from home, and therefore we'll be safe by the time we beat Arsenal

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This is the Manchester United Football Club, that astonishingly lost to West Ham on the last day of the season in 2007 , meaning West ham...(playing an illegal player in Tevez ! ) escaped relegation in place of Sheffield United. Manchester United were managed by Sir alex Ferguson and were the Premier League Champions.

Even more remarkable, was that West Ham were subsequently found guilty of playing an illegible player in Tevez but were allowed to keep their three points and merely compensate Sheffield United for £5.5 million.

I remember arguing with Jevs on here about it, but he was resolute at the time, that ******* West Ham did nothing wrong.

Football is littered with unfairness and incredible end of season games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not a single person suggesting that just maybe we might WIN against Manchester City? If Cardiff don’t beat Palace, is there just a chance that we might play with confidence against a City team who may have to win?

Even during our worst run of form, we always step up against the big teams. Usually that stepping up means putting in a great defensive shift, bodies on the line, not giving opposition too much time and space. But against the big teams that is not usually enough. They will always find a way through.

For us to win against Man City we need to cash in all of our 'it evens itself out over a season' luck. Those penalties we've not been given. The offside goals that were allowed to stand. The opponents not getting red carded for things our players were. The goalkeepers playing a blinder. The bounces and deflections that never fell for us. That all has to swing in our favour for us to have any chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A draw against Arsenal or Man City is not enough unless we can get 2 draws, so do we go for it and 3 points at Arsenal? Or do we shut up shop like at Spurs and try for 2 draws?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why are there people suggesting Palace (professional players) would throw the game to spite us?

You understand the players and club don’t hate us right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mental isn’t it? Apart from the fact that professional pride and risk to livelihood will make sure that no PL player is ever going to throw a game, there’s £2m up for grabs for every league position, and Palace can realistically overtake West Ham to finish 10th.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A draw against Arsenal or Man City is not enough unless we can get 2 draws, so do we go for it and 3 points at Arsenal? Or do we shut up shop like at Spurs and try for 2 draws?

We shut up shop, preserve the GD and hope to get a late winner from a set-piece. Going for it against either Arsenal or City will result in heavy defeats.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We shut up shop, preserve the GD and hope to get a late winner from a set-piece. Going for it against either Arsenal or City will result in heavy defeats.

I don't think that the GD is of any concern but I do see the point and logic of shutting up shop and then hoping to grab a winner in the last 10 minutes.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
They have a chance but....... it'll be a pointless exercise as we comfortably pocket four juicy prem points from our last two games to hand Liverpool the title and relegate the gooners to the Europer league. Haha I've gone mental.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They will beat palace 11 nil palace will be investigated and docked 30 points from this season's tally and finish in the bottom 3 , and the crowd go wild .

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
They’ll be professional and get at least a draw up there. Roy will do a job on Cardiff

Roy and Chris get on very well personally, so I think he'll try and do his friend a favour and beat Cardiff.

Utd will be chasing a spot for CL or Europa, so they'll be all over Cardiff too.

Cardiff are stood at the gallows. Must be a crap time to be a fan for them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Roy and Chris get on very well personally, so I think he'll try and do his friend a favour and beat Cardiff.

Utd will be chasing a spot for CL or Europa, so they'll be all over Cardiff too.

Cardiff are stood at the gallows. Must be a crap time to be a fan for them.

Cardiff won’t win at OT. Players will have one last attempt to impress OSG, before the clear out.

Definitely better to be a Brighton fan today, rather than a miserable :( Cardiff fan preparing for eye-watering matches against Luton and Barnsley. Warnock must be gutted after his euphoria from the win at the Amex.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well man u drawing hasn't helped

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
No. Chelsea just need to beat Watford at home next week and that pretty much guarantees that Utd can't qualify for the CL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here