Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno. 2 more games?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can you think of any defender to have played for Brighton who could come close in terms of technique? When he does go we will all be slightly bereft. We will only realise this when a team-mate plays a scruffy high ball to our right back and it is not taken on the instep like it had been served on a velvet cushion and moved on quickly with minimum fuss.

Ross “as good as a corner” Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Exactly.....hope we get the chance to see him in the last game of the season ..great servant to the club...but above all one of the classiest right backs to have ever played for the Albion

I would say he is THE best right back to have played for the club. Certainly in my lifetime, at least. His technical ability has got to be up there with any player in our history and his calmness and composure are top drawer.

I’d love to see him given another year. As much as I want to see Montoya do well and hope he will improve, for me El Capitan is still the best right back at the club.

Seems a long time ago that Poyet brought him in and he was struggling defensively with the pace of the Championship!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still going to be worth a squad place next season and worth it for influence alone. Absolute class, fit as a fiddle and really looks after himself. Technically, the best we have and bleeds blue and white.

Be surprised if he's not on the coaching staff the minute he finishes playing.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite possibly our best player today, I'd give him another year and that's not on sentiment but merit.

Indeed, just keeps competing at this level. An immense human being and an inspiration to all...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He was great today, definitely another year. Lots of cup games, and he's a great pro to have at the club for so many reasons and rightfully club captain. He wont start many, but he's still capable enough in the League and FA cups and as cover and age aside he's the best RB....... fwiw Im not overly convinced of Montoya, to lightweight.

He seems to struggle with cramp but still performs. Was really good yesterday. One of the few who doesn't keep giving the ball away.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Got to depend on

1 - the player himself prepared to go through another season of intense training or preference to start to take things easier.

2 - if the club still think he can do the job both on and off the pitch or think more along the lines of off the pitch only.

My own view is give him another season while he either does his coaching badges or gets into the media side of things though I would hope he would be third choice for actual playing.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Coady? Reckon he’d do terrible for us. He’s comfortable sat in the middle of a back 5 with a wealth of footballing talent in front of him, suspect he’d look more ordinary in a back 4.

Yeah I imagine he meant Doherty, who is their right back (but is very Irish)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Premier class and fitter than most.Play on Captain Bruno.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Bruno was very good yesterday but he did make one disastrous clearance at the end which could have given away a winner. And maybe that's the issue, can he do it for 90 minutes at his age? I'm happy to let him and CH decide.

But I also think Montoya is very good and better than people have given him credit for on here. If we stay up, you could easily see a back five of Ryan, Bernardo, Montoya, Dunk and Duffy staying together for 4-5 years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Coady? Reckon he’d do terrible for us. He’s comfortable sat in the middle of a back 5 with a wealth of footballing talent in front of him, suspect he’d look more ordinary in a back 4.

He's a leader, though.

But as a player, and one who'd fit in with the Ds, yeah, you're right.

Actually the notion of the Nobby-style leader is probably a bit old fashioned. I can't think of a single club at the moment whose elevation is attributable largely to the influence of one or more shouty leaders. Liverpool have Henderson, but he's on the bench half the time and most of his old-schoolness is little more than waving his arms at the croud and shouting 'Koom on, bonny lads!'. By contrast, Virtual Van Dyke does little more than raise an eyebrow. Perhaps that's what we need - a £90 million pound world class midfielder (yes I know Virtual is a back four man, if not a back door man) on £180 grand a week who can raise a regal eyebrow when all about him is chaos (Gross, yesterday, first half) and despondency (Duffy, yesterday, although I suspect it was probably chiefly a hangover).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah I imagine he meant Doherty, who is their right back (but is very Irish)

No I was thinking about leaders rather than players who fit a particul;ar position on the pitch, as explained above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here