Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I registered an interest and now have the chance of purchasing one for $200 ($190 pledge plus $10 shipping). Just weighing up whether to go for it. A few people expressed concern that it increases the Q factor (and there's no mention of whether yo get a dummy one for the other pedal to keep it symmerical - the initial release is only one sided).
That is a concern but I ride speedplay so I have a lot of options to adjust cleats laterally or change spindles.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know if anyone watched Fleche-Wallonne earlier. I didn't, so know nothing about it - highlights have just started on Eurosport. Dan Martin down and looking hurt.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't know if anyone watched Fleche-Wallonne earlier. I didn't, so know nothing about it - highlights have just started on Eurosport. Dan Martin down and looking hurt.

Day off work today so I watched the last couple of hours live. Crashes galore!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I slept through most of that, begrudging praise for the winner, having kept his nose in the front for an exceptionally long time.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Mmm, not sure I'm convinced by any of those! I like this bit of kit though -

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/british-inventor-creates-revolutionary-affordable-power-meter-167250

After much fiddling and adjusting of my rear mech, I've realised that my little spill a few months ago has bent my rear hanger!

I've taken a finessed approach to it by bending it back until the rear mech looks, more or less, straight again - what could go wrong?!

Not a lot...

You only get one attempt these days, as they are nearly always aluminium, but if it looks mostly straight, it probably is straight.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Meh, Fleche Wallonne was really boring, again. Used to love it back in the day but it is the same every year. The new hill near the end made it slightly more interesting, I suppose.

I might just be grumpy though because Valverde won it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I strongly recommend the Highbrook climb, I did today.
(The second right turn a couple of miles out of Lindfield, signposted North & West Hoathly)

It was tough and long, but a decent road, fantastic views, I only had 1 car to deal with so it was very peaceful.
My loop got me back via Cob Lane so perhaps turning right at the top would be better.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I bought a bit of a scruffy bike on eBay for my daughter to ride at the Erocia Festival.
image.jpg

Had the people at enigma bikes in Sussex re spray it, they have done an amazing job.

image.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The whole thing is aluminium! Have to say it bent pretty easily.

Yep, will do. Just don't bash it again as it will probably snap clean off. Might be worth starting a hunt for a new mech hanger now if it is a relatively old bike.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I strongly recommend the Highbrook climb, I did today.
(The second right turn a couple of miles out of Lindfield, signposted North & West Hoathly)

It was tough and long, but a decent road, fantastic views, I only had 1 car to deal with so it was very peaceful.
My loop got me back via Cob Lane so perhaps turning right at the top would be better.

Have you finally conquered it then?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[MENTION=1155]ozzygull[/MENTION]

That is really nice. How much for the respray?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
[MENTION=1155]ozzygull[/MENTION]

That is really nice. How much for the respray?

The total came to £200 but that included attaching the decals and polishing the fork which are not in the picture, but they did a great job on those. The frame was in a bit of a state, they stripped it back to bare metal, primed it, put two layers of paint, attached the decals and lacquered over the top. I got it back today and it looks like a new frame. Absolutely stunning. So not cheap but for me it seems worth it.

I think a re spray with a single colour with no decals was £140 I think.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Yep, will do. Just don't bash it again as it will probably snap clean off. Might be worth starting a hunt for a new mech hanger now if it is a relatively old bike.
It doesn't seem to be a separate hanger, it's continuous with the frame (de Rosa milanino - only a few years old)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here