Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all become veggies?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I changed my mind on meat and I'm cutting out the red stuff, so chicken, turkey, seafood for me. Losing lamb and beef mince will hurt!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Ah bless.

do you always have to your own way in life? What business of yours is it what I eat? I have no interest in your diet choice.

I feel sorry for your other half (if actually have one).

Well considering I live on this planet, the planet is in a climate crisis, going vegan is the single biggest way to reduce your environmental impact, it’s not my “business” per say but I have a vested interest in wanting to engage in adult discussion with others. However, you have no interest in doing so, because you’ll “never change my consumption of meat and dairy”, so I was having a mild dig at your stubborn refusal to look at the wider issue. And btw my other is vegan too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This, I'm afraid. I've been a veggie since I was about 14 (oh, how my mum was thrilled!) and in the past few weeks have been trying to go along with Mrs GNT's veganism. Oat milk is great and I don't mind waving goodbye to the egg but vegan cheese is a red-line (for the moment at least) so I'm back on the cheese.

Check the rennet in cheese or your not truly vegetarian. Parmesan is out.

I’ve been a vegetarian since 1974. Not an animal lover particularly; just decided that I no longer fancied eating their decomposing corpses. Have never regretted the decision; I’m now in my mid-60s and pretty healthy for my age (as my race times on the NSC running thread will attest).
Happy to see that so many others are joining the veggie club though - and I think the environmental and health arguments have become more apparent in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear from such fit blokes. I'm not at your dietary level but I've been close to being pescatarian for 35 years and full on for 2 years.

As a non pensioner I can vouch for both of you OAP's being incredibly fit and living well on your diets.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Well considering I live on this planet, the planet is in a climate crisis, going vegan is the single biggest way to reduce your environmental impact, it’s not my “business” per say but I have a vested interest in wanting to engage in adult discussion with others. However, you have no interest in doing so, because you’ll “never change my consumption of meat and dairy”, so I was having a mild dig at your stubborn refusal to look at the wider issue. And btw my other is vegan too :thumbsup:

You’ve engaged and I’ve dismissed.

Discussion over.

People are seriously deluded if they think they carry any influence on other people diet choices

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Discussion over.

People are seriously deluded if they think they carry any influence on other people diet choices

What you’ve got to remember, I cannot make you vegan. But I can make you aware of the senseless killing and exploitation of sentient animals you support. Animals that feel fear and pain as acutely as your pet dog. I can make you aware of how we are quite literally gambling with the future of our planet - for the sake of a hamburger. I can make you aware of the single biggest way to reduce your environmental impact. What you do with that information depends entirely on your character.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Discussion over.

What you’ve got to remember, I cannot make you vegan. But I can make you aware of the senseless killing and exploitation of sentient animals you support. Animals that feel fear and pain as acutely as your pet dog. I can make you aware of how we are quite literally gambling with the future of our planet - for the sake of a hamburger. I can make you aware of the single biggest way to reduce your environmental impact. What you do with that information depends entirely on your character.

You're flogging a dead horse to him and he's happily eaten them.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Actually not having kids is the best thing you can do for the environment.

Slaughtering animals for food is not senseless is it. There is an outcome.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Slaughtering animals for food is not senseless is it. There is an outcome.

Get yourself a job in a slaughterhouse and see how long you'd last.

You'd soon stop eating meat if:
1. You saw the processes involved in animal slaughter.
and
2. You yourself had to kill the meat you get in nice little sanitised supermarket packaging. Lovely.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Get yourself a job in a slaughterhouse and see how long you'd last.

You'd soon stop eating meat if:
1. You saw the processes involved in animal slaughter.
and
2. You yourself had to kill the meat you get in nice little sanitised supermarket packaging. Lovely.

Why would I want to do that. I pay for the product and the services.

I am sure slaughterhouses are grim, but how many people employed in them are not meat eaters?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here