Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well what a disappointment that was. Easily our worst home performance of the season and probably the biggest surprise for the tracker so far. Just a very bad result. We have become accustomed to winning games at home v the bottom lot and losing everything away. Maybe we will buck this trend again on Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath though. Hopefully we can produce a miracle next Saturday to keep the season fun going or else it becomes all about beating (or probably not losing) at home to Cardiff.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 30.png
    Fixtures Game 30.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 668
  • Graph Game 30.png
    Graph Game 30.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 671

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well what a disappointment that was. Easily our worst home performance of the season and probably the biggest surprise for the tracker so far. Just a very bad result. We have become accustomed to winning games at home v the bottom lot and losing everything away. Maybe we will buck this trend again on Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath though. Hopefully we can produce a miracle next Saturday to keep the season fun going or else it becomes all about beating (or probably not losing) at home to Cardiff.

We’re still ahead, and on track for 43 points though. Glass half full and all that [emoji106]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This thread should be the default home page that everyone has to read and sign they have read it before starting any other threads!

The amount of deluded people with unrealistic expectations on here is staggering.

they need their own 'Glass Half Empty' section

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So we can afford to lose one of the next three home games (winning two) as long as we get a draw away at some point (if 40 points are required) I love this tracker.

Is there a Cardiff tracker and if so where are they.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah agreed we've done well so far.
And I am very very far from being a bed-wetter

It's just the team seem so tired and devoid of ideas at the moment.
7 points from Cardiff, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Wolves, seems harder right now than it should.

Fortunately 3 points from Cardiff may well be enough

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So we can afford to lose one of the next three home games (winning two) as long as we get a draw away at some point (if 40 points are required) I love this tracker.

1, I suspect that two draws in our next two home games will secure survival. Two defeats in those games will mean that Newcastle becomes a must win game, and even that might not be enough. In other words, survival total will be somewhere between 34/5-37 in my view. I suspect the spread bet companies won't be too far away than that.
2, [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] has been doing a very helpful tracker of teams in and around us. In short, Cardiff are way below their total, but will await the update.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just had a call [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] from new TenaMan and they wondered if you wanted a "Tracker Sponsor"! Come on guys, I don't think we've EVER been in a Premier League relegation spot, have we?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1, I suspect that two draws in our next two home games will secure survival. Two defeats in those games will mean that Newcastle becomes a must win game, and even that might not be enough. In other words, survival total will be somewhere between 34/5-37 in my view. I suspect the spread bet companies won't be too far away than that.
2, [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] has been doing a very helpful tracker of teams in and around us. In short, Cardiff are way below their total, but will await the update.

I think we COULD survive where we are but feel we need three more points.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just had a call [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] from new TenaMan and they wondered if you wanted a "Tracker Sponsor"! Come on guys, I don't think we've EVER been in a Premier League relegation spot, have we?

I think only the first week of our first Premiership game v Man City (why it feels it doesn't count to me) I think the away Watford Draw took us out the following week.

Hang on I think we played Leicester away as well and lost there as well 0-2. So may have been two weeks in the bottom 3.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think only the first week of our first Premiership game v Man City (why it feels it doesn't count to me) I think the away Watford Draw took us out the following week.

Hang on I think we played Leicester away as well and lost there as well 0-2. So may have been two weeks in the bottom 3.

OK, my recollection was we didn't as others had worse defeats? Let's just agree we won't be there come May!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My 3 year old grandson obviously knows something.

He’s just wet the bed:eek:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quick update. Nothing changed, including Hughton's away tactics :)

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 31b.png
    Fixtures Game 31b.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Graph Game 31b.png
    Graph Game 31b.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 241

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Not a bad idea, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would happily take the additional revenue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

They were minus 7 not that long ago and I suspect this hasn't changed since then. That will assume they draw at ours though, whereas we are scheduled for a win so something has to give there. All other results being equal if they beat us they will move to minus 5 and we drop to level par. So plenty in hand.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yeah, about that point away at Wolves we need to get...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here