Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] National Television Awards

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
It was great of Crodo to post the info though.

Generally speaking the good quality stuff is getting better and the dross is getting worse. And this stuff is definitely the latter. The Bodyguard was only included because daytime viewers fancied Richard Madden.

When I think about some of the excellent documentaries I’ve seen this year, especially on BBC4, it’s just an insult that the makers of the crap on this list are actually recognised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comedy also. How the hell can Derry Girls and The Young Offenders not get gongs?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I would therefore like to put your clagnuts forward into the 2020 awards as 'Best supporting faecal accessory' in the Arse-Drama category

That's lovely [MENTION=35524]Knocky's Nose[/MENTION] but my clagnuts are not in it for the glory or the awards, they are in it for the love of the job, and because they know they have a lot to offer the world of arse based entertainment. The modesty & humility my clagnuts demonstrate when receiving praise such as yours is an impressive sight, but the public eye is not for them. Just my brown eye.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Always good to see drink drivers being given awards. Sigh.

This big time! And don't get me started on his bitter ex wife's constants bleating about how hard done by she is! Move on love and count all the pennies he earned for you!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always good to see drink drivers being given awards. Sigh.

Given what you do I'm a little surprised at your lack of empathy. Yes he did wrong ( and he has been punished for it ) but he has/had a problem - personally I'd give him a little more support. And no, he shouldn't have won the award.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Anyone else watch this last night? A highly emotional and uplifting night, and shows British TV is in a fantastic state. Not a dry eye in the house when Ant and Dec picked up their award.

Winners in full
Factual Entertainment Programme - Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
Quiz Show -The Chase
New Drama - Bodyguard
Serial Drama Performance - Danny Dyer, EastEnders
Drama Performance - Richard Madden, Bodyguard
Newcomer - James Moore, Emmerdale
TV Presenter - Ant and Dec
Daytime Programme - This Morning
Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award - I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
TV Judge - David Walliams
Drama - Peaky Blinders
Comedy - Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special
Talent Show - Strictly Come Dancing
Special Recognition Award - David Dimbleby
Serial Drama - Emmerdale
Sexiest Soap Star: Sharon Mitchell

It takes a while to adjust to Crodo's sense of humour but once you get it..............

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Because the majority of people are idiots.

I'm jealous of the idiots. No internal struggles, no reflecting on actions and thoughts, no consideration of consequences, just merrily bouncing from place to place without a care in the world. The idiots are the only truly happy folk in this life. If only I could join them....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Crodo on top of his game at present, looking forward to West Bromich Albion's Most Famous Supporter when she shimmies into view in unsuitable winter clothing...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Given what you do I'm a little surprised at your lack of empathy. Yes he did wrong ( and he has been punished for it ) but he has/had a problem - personally I'd give him a little more support. And no, he shouldn't have won the award.

And what about the glare from his forehead at night. Surely that's got to be a hazard for other road users?:)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
How does a convicted drink driver get an award?

He gets nominated, then the public vote for him.

Chris Tarrant : Convicted of Drink Driving - Special Recognition Award - 2000

Duncan Bannatyne : Convicted of Drink Driving - Winner / I'm a Celebrity - 2015

Admittedly both of the above got caught sozzled whilst at the wheel after their awards, but I like being pedantic. :lolol:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There's some VERY good british tv.

None of it does well at the NTA's....also known as the ITV awards.

The Bros documentary should win EVERY category in the next set of awards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Summed up, in one list, the reasons not to bother with British TV any more.

With the exception of, maybe, The Bodyguard (didn't see but heard good things) and Mr Dimbleby, that represents the dregs of the televisual gene pool IMHO.

Killing eve? The Martin clunes show about Millie DOwler? This adaptation of les mis? Luther, upstart crow, There is some brilliant drama around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder where the red line is that Ant has to cross NOT get an award.

If being off our screens for over a year for being an alcoholic / drink drinker doesn't stop him then would he still won if, say, the driver of the car he crashed into had sustained a broken leg? Maybe two broken legs? Or two broken legs, a punctured lung and 4 broken ribs?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here