Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Sian Massey

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
All this guff about sexism and misogyny only proves my point. If that was a male assistant ref he wouldn’t be officiating in such a high profile game next week, he’d be running the line at Southend or Morecambe...but because it’s a lady, she’ll be doing a PL game. She won’t be sanctioned because she is lacking a knob and it’s all about inclusion rather than aptitude these days.

So how come Mr Dean appears in the PL week in week out?

:facepalm:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Er, yeah I've seen that one. That's not a thread that is specifically referencing Chris Kavanagh is it? It's about the officials in general, including Sian Massey. It was only Massey who got her own thread (with calls for her to be sacked/demoted), even though Kavanagh had a far poorer game (although difficult to compare like-for-like as they are different jobs).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Er, yeah I've seen that one. That's not a thread that is specifically referencing Chris Kavanagh is it? It's about the officials in general, including Sian Massey. It was only Massey who got her own thread, even though Kavanagh had a far poorer game (although difficult to compare like-for-like as they are different jobs).

Massey's one (big) error is obviously referenced, but that is a thread about the terrible refereeing of the game. Pretend otherwise, if you like :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can’t be bothered to read 13 pages but I’m betting someone has thrown in that this is sexism, one of my biggest gripes nowadays is that you can’t criticize people for fear that you will be labled sexist, it’s a total nonsense she should be treated in the same way as a male linesman, it’s similar to Sol Campbell at Macclesfield he’s been criticised for his management and people immediately jump to the racism allegation, 1 win in 7 games before Saturday means he should equally susceptible to being critiqued as anyone else.

All that being said, given the standard of officiating we’ve seen this season she’s not exactly an exception the general standard of refereeing and officiating this season has reached a new low both for and against us IMO, personally I’m not a massive fan of the stop start nature of VAR but I think such is the standard of officiating that it’s an absolute MUST in modern football.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Massey's one (big) error is obviously referenced, but that is a thread about the terrible refereeing of the game. Pretend otherwise, if you like :shrug:

This thread starts out by specifically referencing Massey, suggesting she should be sacked/demoted.

The other thread references the officiating in general (the clue is in the title), which includes all the officials. "Poorest officials" - see the plural. And it does not start out by specifically referencing Kavanagh. No one has started a thread calling Kavanagh a f-ing disgrace and saying he should be sacked.

This is despite Kavanagh being the poorest official yesterday. Tells you all you need to know.

Pretend otherwise, if you like :shrug:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
His knee does look offside to be fair.

Untitled.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This thread starts out by specifically referencing Massey, suggesting she should be sacked/demoted.

The other thread references the officiating in general (the clue is in the title), which includes all the officials. "Poorest officials" - see the plural. And it does not start out by specifically referencing Kavanagh. No one has started a thread calling Kavanagh a f-ing disgrace and saying he should be sacked.

This is despite Kavanagh being the poorest official yesterday. Tells you all you need to know.

Pretend otherwise, if you like :shrug:

Whatever.

Kavanagh in my experience has been un-noteworthy when taking our matches. He was truly dreadful yesterday, and has been roundly called out as such.

SM-E in my experience has been consistently poor when officiating our games, in the last two seasons, fully justifying the thread.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The screen grab shows that there were literally a couple of inches in it. Well done to all those who saw it as "not even close" and "obvious" you would obviously have done a far better job.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I won't comment on this thread as those on the left (the great majority on here I believe) won't like what I would probably have said.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
From looking at the picture, I don't really understand the mistake. She's in a good position to look across the line and she must be in position to see both Romeo and Hutchinson playing Jurgen on, let alone Montoya making the run from a deeper position. If Locadia had been the man to get on the end of the original pass, I would be better able to understand the mistake but Montoya is deeper than Jurgen is.

I know you have to consider the pace of the runners as well, it all happens very quickly in real time but it's not like she's a new official who is lacking in experience or understanding of the game. She's usually pretty good in my opinion, and she does stand out more as a female official. Her mistake yesterday was a mistake, gender doesn't come into, it's just a mistake which shouldn't really have been made by someone with her knowledge and experience. You could say the same about their goalkeeper, however...

The referee was absolute garbage and performed in a very suspicious manner. I would prefer to think he's incompetent, rather than influenced by the crowd or occasion.

I won't comment on this thread as those on the left (the great majority on here I believe) won't like what I would probably have said.

It would probably have been spurious nonsense, if you won't even post it. Nothing about the actual incident itself, just a golden opportunity to press your agenda. Whatever it may be,

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This seems to be the first decision Massey has got wrong in her career but it didn't cost us in a game where we we probably deserved the bad luck. Even our main penalty take couldn't score because it was that type of day.

All it does is just reinforce the desperate need for VAR, which is probably should have happened years ago. Did we vote for or against VAR for this season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If Sian was a he instead of a she, this thread prob wouldn't exist. A bit like the one commenting on the physical appearance of the NZ PM. Just saying, like.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here