On top of the world
IMG_20190314_144609_707.jpg

Kristin Hersh in Reading last night, bloody brilliant ����

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
View attachment 105803

Kristin Hersh in Reading last night, bloody brilliant

One of my all-time favourite artists. I spent much of my early 20s following Throwing Muses around, must have seen them 35+ times, plus solo Kristin a dozen more. She did a spoken word thing once in Edinburgh, years back, and I ended up in a bar with her and her husband/manager Billy for a really memorable evening. She’s a great storyteller as well as musician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One of my all-time favourite artists. I spent much of my early 20s following Throwing Muses around, must have seen them 35+ times, plus solo Kristin a dozen more. She did a spoken word thing once in Edinburgh, years back, and I ended up in a bar with her and her husband/manager Billy for a really memorable evening. She’s a great storyteller as well as musician.

She is playing in Worthing at the end of March.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
She is playing in Worthing at the end of March.

Indeed she is. Sadly a bit of a long walk home to Dubai afterwards for me though, but I thoroughly recommend her to any NSCers in the area.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I thought that was the case, but thanks for confirming. Looking forward to it. I really hope Beak> are loud and immersive.

You might want to check out Kodian Trio, an experimental Uk/Dutch jazz trio whose last record was on Trost (who release Mats Gustafsson, Brotzmann, etc). They play Verdict on 27th March.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

A great artist who puts everything she can into her music and is also very approachable. Loved Throwing Muses so it was wonderful to see her again after a gap of nearly 30 years �� St Paul's in Worthing will be a superb venue in which to see her.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Snapped Ankles announced as support to Beak in May at the Concorde.
Great bill.

I thought that was the case, but thanks for confirming. Looking forward to it. I really hope Beak> are loud and immersive.

I’m seeing Snapped Ankles Friday next week as it happens. Love their stuff. And Steve Mason on Wednesday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Short trip to Kingston College this weekend to see The Wedding Present. Making the most of a football free weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing Steve Mason tonight. I’m currently listening to his debut solo album Boy Outside....it’s a thing of beauty and I’d forgotten how brilliant it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here